Role: Supervisor, Quality Assurance
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Our client, one of Canada’s leading specialists contractors within aerospace and defense is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Supervisor, Quality Assurance.
We invite you to consider a career for a major player within their field of expertise!
- Act at all times in a manner that reflects the company’s culture and values.
- Ensure compliance with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), DND Technical Airworthiness Manual, other civil and military aviation regulations and company manuals, with respect to the auditing of facilities, outside contractors and suppliers.
- Advise on root cause analysis and corrective action planning for Quality Management System activities.
- Liaise with internal and external customers.
- Liaise with store receiving and purchasing personnel regarding certification issues, approved suppliers and non-conforming products.
- Interpret Canadian Aviation Regulations requirements and policies and procedures for company personnel to maintain compliance.
- Develops and maintains audit checklists to ensure audits are conducted in accordance with applicable standards.
- Conducts daily tours of facilities and frequently visits docks to discuss issues raised by management and/or staff.
- Be familiar with human resources policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed in the workplace.
- Maintain and monitor the HQMS database.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- AME “M2” License or approved equivalent.
- 10+ years as a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer; or foreign or military equivalent.
- 2+ years experience conducting audits of maintenance and manufacturing. Completion of industry-recognized auditor or lead auditor training in ISO9001/AS9110 and or AS9100 is preferable.
- Knowledge of ISO9001/AS9110/AS9100, CARS, TAM, SMS, Maintenance and Manufacturing Regulations and Standards established by Transport Canada and the Department of National Defense.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Attention to detail: written reports and statistical analysis.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Must be Canadian residents or permanent residents.
This is a great opportunity to work with a fun and dynamic team! If you feel that this is the opportunity for you apply today and lets connect!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32491
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1