Our client, a manufacturer in Burlington is looking for a Slitter Operator Assistant permanent opportunity. The ideal candidate will have 1+2 years in a Slitting role with a manufacturing background and looking for an opportunity where there is growth and learning incentives. Interested, please read on….
What our client offers:
· $27 – $ 29/hr. + based on experience + afternoon shift premium
· Benefits are offered after 3 months’ probation period
· Paid vacation, # 2 extra personal days, Birthday off
· Paid sick days
· Production Bonus program, $ 500 incentive program
· RRSP matching
· Safety shoes allowance
· Profit sharing
· Growth and learning opportunities
Your tasks as the Assistant, Slitter Operator
to assist in the production of quality product in a safe and productive manner, working together with the Slitter Operator, to meet daily production downtime and order completion expectation. The Assistant Operator must be proficient in all aspects of the slitting process and capable of providing back-up assistance
- Assists in the operation of the slitter to meet or exceed daily production goals
- Understands and performs production checks using the micrometer, calipers and tape measure to assure accuracy of the job
- Ability to band and tape steel on the un-coiler and re-coiler in an efficient and safe manner
- Loading and unloading coils from the coil car and turn style
- Informs slitter operator of any defects and quality issues while running a coil
- Performs building of over arm and tensions separator shafts as well as secures scrap
- Demonstrates good housekeeping by maintaining a clean and safe work environment. This includes keeping all equipment and tooling clean.
- Communicate timely and effectively with all employees, supervisors, and plant manager
- Any and all tasks deemed necessary by the supervisor
The required qualifications of the Assistant Slitter Operator
- High School or equivalent job experience
- Advanced knowledge and skill level of slitting machine
- Must be able to read Standard/Metric measuring tape
- Must be able to perform basic mathematic calculations of standard/metric measurements
- Basic computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, understand and comply with work directions, training manuals and safety rules
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply now
We are looking forward to hearing from you
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
If you are interested in applying for or knowing more about the CNC Operator position in North York reach out to Fuze HR Solutions today! Here is how to reach us…
Contact Viviane [email protected] OR call (905) 361-3987 ext 185
We look forward to working with you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30427
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1