Our client who is a leading design and manufacturer of steam cooking equipment for the commercial foodservice industry is looking for a full time Shop and Shipping Helper for their Toronto location.
Shift Details: Mon – Fri 7:30 AM – 4 PM (40 hours per week)
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Ensure compliance with company policy, safety standards & quality standards
· Setup and operate sheet metal equipment as instructed
· Provide expertise, support in all areas of the brake press including setup and operation including but not limited to; saws, brake press, and other sheet metal equipment, measuring devices, gauges, tooling, material handling and safety
· Adherence to production specifications
· Follow all safety practices during machine operations
· Review drawings of product prior to/during production
· Complete quality inspections of finished/in process product to meet product requirements
· Perform daily preventative maintenance on machine(s)
· Prepares each product for crating and ensures all instructions are carried out as required
· Responsible for processing all required paperwork as assigned
· Ensure all materials and services are shipped on time in the correct quantities with the correct paperwork
· Ensure shipping and receiving policies and procedures are followed and shipments are documented accordingly
· Lift completed units on to skid for shipments to customers. (Forklift on to skid, position wood and blocks for leg posts, nail blocks, screw down through feet.)
· Load units on to trucks
· Operate powered and manual industrial equipment such as forklifts, pump trucks, etc. to load and unload materials
· Participate in company cross-training program (as trainee and trainer).
· Adheres to all company policies & procedures, health and safety policies & procedures, regulations & standards, quality standards and good housekeeping 5S practices.
· Commit to and participate in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methods.
· Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the company’s core values in safety, people, quality and growth
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· High school diploma, Vocational or technical training
· Preference for 3 years specialized experience in a custom fabrication manufacturing environment
· Working knowledge of quality requirements and systems
· Shipping/Receiving procedures
· Proper use to tools & equipment
· Must be able to follow direction and have good interpersonal communication skills
· Must have a positive attitude; possess good organization skills
· Problem solving skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Strong English language comprehension
· Able to stand and perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
Physical Demands and Requirement
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Working Conditions Notations
· Able to work on weekends as required
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 23830
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1