Our client, a manufacturer in Dorval, QC who is looking for a Shipping & Warehouse Coordinator for a permanent opportunity. If you are looking for an opportunity where there is growth and learning incentives look no further.
Interested, please read on….
What our client offers:
· $55k – $65k/per yr. based on experience
· Benefits are offered after 3 months’ probation period.
· Paid vacation,
· RRSP matching
· Profit sharing
· Growth and learning opportunities.
· Casual dress
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Life insurance
· On-site parking
· Vision care
Your tasks as the Shipping & Warehouse Coordinator
· In collaboration with the Plant Supervisor and Customer Service Team, determine the shipping priorities / schedule, work assignments and shipping routes, methods and arrange shipping; prepare bills of lading, export docs.
· Distributes and coordinates workload for employees ensuring work is completed throughout the day.
· Maintain proper traffic throughout the building ensuring customer orders are loaded in a safe and timely manner.
· Ensure paperwork and shipping documents are processed accurately through the SAP system, including B/O’s.
· Determine space requirements and position of shipment in box cars, trucks and trailers.
· Coordinate with various carriers, negotiate, and compare quotes before placing orders.
· Oversee loading and unloading of materials from trucks or other conveyances.
· Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
· Ensure compliance with loading specifications and customer requirements.
· Checks pre use inspection sheets for trucks and notifies supervisors / outside contractors for any defects or decide for maintenance and repair work.
· Posts weight and shipping charges, log driver’s reports and information.
· Prepare and develop Truck report and monitor billing reports.
· Review all maintenance reports, identify issues, report and take corrective actions.
· Liaise with customer service department to ensure delivery requirements are met.
· Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
· Plan warehouse layout and space requirements to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
· Conduct regular spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
· Identify discrepancies between inventory records and act.
· Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters
· Recognizes errors and corrects them. Logs complaints and advises supervisor.
· Schedules appointments with carriers.
· Inspects orders prepared by Pickers to ensure accuracy.
· Coordinate the organization of loads with Pickers and Customer Service Team.
· Address and follow up on issues with carriers.
· Spear head the cycle count process.
· Train drivers on job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
· Operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
· Monitor and advise C.V.O.R. status to management.
· Able to work shift schedules to accommodate work demands as required.
· All other activities deemed necessary by the Plant Supervisor and Plant Manager related to expediting goods for our customers.
· Participate in selection process, performance appraisals, discipline and training and recommend actions such as hiring, promotions and appropriate disciplinary actions.
· Conduct and document regular Driver meetings to discuss, review and implement items such as new/existing procedures, Company policies, department performance and safety talks.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now, and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply now.
Please send your CV to : [email protected] OR CALL at 514-227-4640 / EXT# 219
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31054
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1