We are looking for a professional, responsible and dedicated Shipping & Receiving Supervisor for one of our clients in Mississauga, Ontario. This is a permanent position for the right candidate. If you have experience as a Shipping & Receiving Supervisor working in a warehouse environment, providing leadership and guidance to the plant personnel, with a “hands on” approach and are looking for a LONG-TERM position, please give us a call today!
What Are The Perks:
- Full Time Hours: Monday to Friday 5:30 AM to 2 PM.
- Salary: $65,000/year
- Benefits: Benefits Offered after 3 months.
- Vacation: 2 weeks of vacation.
- Bus accessible
START OF SHIFT
- Be ON time for the Startup of your shift.
- Perform your daily check of your vehicle, if using one. Fill out your forklift operator’s checklist. Any DAMAGE or MALFUNCTION has to be reported according to the checklist. Check your fuel / gas situation.
- Daily briefing with your manager for the planning of the coming work day.
- Briefing of forklift operators of the coming work day, such expected loads to be sent out or received and any other relevant information provided by management.
TASKS DURING MANIPULATIONS OF CARGO (loading / unloading)
- Oversee the Loading / unloading of trucks, containers, order picking, shifting of cargo in the warehouse. Ensure forklift operators DRIVE and MANIPULATE THE CARGO EFFICIENTLY AND SAFELY.
- Perform a check of the QUANTITY and QUALITY of the cargos to be handled AT ALL TIMES. Any damages, shortages, and leaks are to be reported immediately to management. In case of staging, perform required quality control check prior to loading.
- Fill out your documents correctly when moving cargos. Indicate any location where you store the cargo.
- IMPORTANT ANY DAMAGES CAUSED DURING HANDLING: MUST BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY. REPAIRS NEED TO BE DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (Prevent or repair LEAKS).
- Coordinate with Facility Manager any planning problems (i.e. late or early arrivals, overtime, same-day-orders) or operational problems such production issues, product availability, etc.
- In case of problems with documents, make the manager aware. Then check and coordinate with the CSR.
- Maintain a meticulous HOUSEKEEPING of the warehouse, docking areas, and work desks.
- Make sure that garbage, spillage, damaged product or supplies are cleaned in accordance with the relevant procedure.
- Assist the inventory control team in their tasks if required.
- Always store cargo as per customer instructions written on your documents.
- Fill out your documents accurately and completely.
- Ensure that the bay or row is CLEAN BEFORE storing product.
- Ensure forklift drivers fill out the proper relocation sheet if moving product within the warehouse. Return filled out sheet to CSR upon completion.
- Weigh materials on work floor and record weight on tags, labels, or other documents.
- Assist in hand stacking of bags if required (up to 55 lbs. /bag). Perform manual labor if required.
BREAKS, END OF THE SHIFT
- When breaks are applicable, make sure the FLD follow the hours strictly.
- END OF THE WORKING DAY:
- Make sure forklifts are clean
- Parked in a designated area
- Gas tank filled (so the forklift is ready for the next morning)
- Assist in cleaning up the dock area or designated warehouse area.
- Hand over all required documents to the Facility Manager or assigned CSR.
- If needed, coordinate with the forklift drivers for the next working day.
- Follow up thoroughly on all instructions provided by the facility manager.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Follow ALL KTN-Quality and safety processes.
- Ensure all employees adhere to all safety guidelines, lead by example.
- WORK SAFE AT ALL TIMES FOR YOURSELVES, FELLOW EMPLOYEES, and YOUR EQUIPMENT.
- In case of sickness, tardiness, or absence, please inform your superior in due time (day before or latest the same working day).
- Schedule holiday planning with the coordination / approval of the manager.
- Perform various tasks in assistance or support of the organization.
- A supervisor is considered a SAFETY FUNCTION within the company. ALL EMPLOYEES take care of their personal equipment (i.e. radios, forklifts, others) AND have to make sure they are functional to operate.
- Make sure ALL DRIVERS are driving safely and secure AND not to causing damage or accidents.
- Report correctly and fairly any errors made so the necessary corrections can be made.
- Higher degree in logistics or similar through experience ( 3-5 years)
- Experience in managing a team and in planning / organizing a similar shipping / receiving environment
- Practical experience in managing and organizing a warehouse
- Knowledge of Computer software relevant for this function (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Language skills: ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently
- Mathematical skills: ability to perform all basic calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Reasoning ability: Solve practical problems, interpret instructions, deal with a variety of variables
- Work environment: in and outdoor (extreme weather conditions)
- Physical demands: Physically fit to perform duties
If interested, send your resume to [email protected]
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29422
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1