Senior Wastewater Engineer / Project Manager – Niagara / London
An employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can thrive, a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
The Niagara and London offices are looking for a Senior Wastewater Engineer / Project Manager to join their team in a full-time permanent position.
Providing project engineering and technical expertise, analysis and design services for a variety of wastewater, water, road, and infrastructure renewal projects.
- Participating in studies, assessments, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration.
- Preparation of conceptual, preliminary and final process designs of:
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Pumping Stations
- Equalization tanks
- Providing senior review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings and other engineering documents.
- Preparing proposals and reports.
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory and utility agencies, and contractors.
- Managing of Wastewater projects including scope, schedule, and budget
- Participating in Business Development initiatives and managing client relationships.
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules, and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Working closely with engineers, designers, drafting and support staff.
- Mentoring and coaching project teams including technical and field staff.
- Supervision of junior engineers, technologists and designers.
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate for this position.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) within the province of Ontario.
- Project management (PMP) designation considered an asset.
- 15+ years progressive experience in design engineering for wastewater treatment and collection, water treatment and distribution, road reconstruction, storm sewers, and stormwater management facilities.
- 5 years progressive experience in project management.
- Proven capabilities in preparing reports, specifications and tender documents.
- Familiarity with construction contracts and administration.
- Experienced in meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, business/client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Experience managing projects in AutoCAD and Microstation preferred.
- Proven, advanced level Excel skills and a proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28682
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1