Fuze HR is now seeking a highly experienced mechanical engineer for a Senior Project Engineer opportunity with our large manufacturing client in Vancouver, BC. This is the perfect opportunity for a talented engineer with 7+ years of experience within a relevant manufacturing/production environment to take their career to the next level with a well-established and always growing employer. If you are a P. Eng with significant project engineering experience seeking to expand your career, we want to meet you!
What are the perks:
Steady, reliable employment with an amazing Canadian employer that has been in operation for well over 100 years!
Opportunity to take on a senior capacity within a robust maintenance and engineering environment and add value to an industry-leading organization long term!
Competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and perks!
The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Managing engineering projects, with involvement at all stages from conceptualization to commissioning
- Managing budgets and timelines, personnel, and material assets through project lifecycles
- Planning new engineering projects and implementation strategy (typically focused on improving efficiency, safety, effectiveness of plant operations/production, etc)
- Selecting new equipment and machinery for purchase and installation
- Ensuring plant equipment and systems are in safe, operational order 24/7 via effective preventative maintenance and ongoing engineering assessments, participat in continuous improvement and operational excellence initiatives
- Performing hazard assessments and safety observation
- Ensuring compliance with provincial engineering standards and regulatory requirements
- Assisting other engineers and departments, mentoring junior mechanical engineers, aiding in selection, mentorship, and training of interns
The required qualifications for the Project Engineer are:
- Must possess a P. Eng designation, no exceptions
- 8-10+ years of engineering experience, ideally within a GMP production environment (food, pharma, beverage, etc), candidates with petrochemical, sawmill, or grain terminal experience are also encouraged to apply
- Very strong mechanical engineering knowledge/skills, project leadership experience, PMP highly desirable
- Deep understanding of regulatory requirements (EGBC, NFPA, TSBC, WSBC, CSA, Mechanical Eng & Piping, etc)
- Familiarity with GMP standards, knowledge of manufacturing processes within food production or similar, strong knowledge of mechanical aspects of manufacturing process and maintenance, etc.
- MUST be willing and able to work on site Monday – Friday, this role does not offer remote or hybrid flexibility
Are you a talented Mechanical Engineer with a passion for making old things new again? Are you an effective project leader skilled in adhering to timelines and budgets? Do you posses strong technical AND people skills? We can’t wait to introduce you to your next employer, reach out today if you’re interested in learning more!!
To apply please send your resume to Nhung Nguyen at [email protected]
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33317
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1