We are looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator for our Brampton plant!
If you are passionate about health and safety? You have initiative and like to get things done? Do you have a sense of leadership? We are looking for a profile like yours, for a construction company in Brampton!
what we offer:
·Competitive salary based on experience 75-90k
·Flexible daytime schedule from Monday to Friday
·Work on site
·Full benefits after 3 months
·3 weeks of vacation plus one week at Christmas with pay
·Annual bonus based on company performance
·RRSP with employer contribution
·10 sick days per year of which 6 are reimbursed if not used
And much more!
Main tasks and responsibilities of the position:
• Inspects the Brampton plant daily, documents anomalies and ensures their resolution.
• Audits the EHS management system according to the internal audit program, documents anomalies and ensures their resolution.
• Performs the “5 minutes” monthly inspection, documents anomalies and ensures their resolution.
• Compiles monthly “5 minutes” inspection reports made by all Brampton team members, documents anomalies and ensures their resolution.
• Conducts a regular check on the condition of storage equipment; (silos, bulks, first aid kit, spill kit, etc.)
• Supports the teams of Brampton in the documentation of incidents (accidents, near-misses, identified risks etc.) using the appropriate form.
• Supports the Brampton teams in the root cause analysis and corrective action determination process for incidents, corrective action, issues, and recommendations.
• Tracks the implementation of the corrective actions and recommendations taken and verifies their effectiveness prior to the closure of the incident report.
• In all cases of workplace incidents and accidents, in collaboration with supervisors, conducts the investigation in a structured manner using appropriate analysis methods (root cause analysis, risk analysis, etc.).
• Submits the results of the investigation to management and stakeholders.
• Develops and submits correctives actions, with priorities and timelines, and closely monitors them in collaboration with relevant departments including follow-up with HR.
• Checks and ensures the validity of training and certifications of employees performing regulated tasks (forklifts, TDG, WHMIS, confined spaces, LOTO, emergency measures, etc.)
• Gives or has the necessary EHS training given to employees of Brampton plant.
• Develops and plans training activities to teach proper working methods
• Conducts the monthly meetings of the EHS committee, as representatives of MAPEI Inc., documents minutes, decisions and actions and tracks their execution.
• Acts as interlocutor for the members of the EHS committee and manages communication between the EHS committee and management.
• Conducts a quarterly inspection with members of the EHS committee, documents anomalies and ensures their resolution.
• Acts as a specialist when disposing hazardous products and disposal hazardous waste with subcontractors.
• Manages our waste and recycling programs (cardboard, plastic, glass, aluminum, light bulbs, batteries, etc.).
• Ensures the application and monitoring of legal compliance in the environment, health and safety (laws and regulations) at the local level (provincial and municipal) and takes it up with the EHS director to ensure legal compliance of the Brampton plant at the federal level.
• Develops and implements procedures and/or instructions for managing EHS.
• Participates in resolving corrective, preventive and/or recommendations following internal and external audits
• In collaboration with the EHS Director and supervisors, performs EHS risk analysis of the various workstations in the Brampton plant.
• Acts as an agent of change to develop and sustain a dominant EHS culture.
• Addresses risky situations/behaviors without delay.
• Manages the “EHS Improvement Suggestion” program (blue card).
Is the resource for all personal protective equipment.
• Performs all other related tasks. Requirements:
• College degree with a combination of 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar position.
• EHS certificate is an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations.
• Good knowledge of the various laws governing EHS.
• Good control of the various laws and regulations on the environment and regulatory affairs.
• Leadership • Team Spirit • Time and priority management • Environment standards: ISO 14001
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28836
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1