Our client is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst. They are a very reputable company based in Pointe-Claire with great incentives and benefits and a strong business.
This Senior Financial Analyst will assist with the initiatives of the Procurement Finance team. This Senior Financial Analyst will oversee an indirect spend focus. Functions include building finance models to support procurement day to day operations while applying skills and knowledge of SAP, Excel and PowerPoint.
The following are essential duties and responsibilities of the Senior Financial Analyst:
- Utilize accounting-based knowledge and advanced Excel skills to effectively communicate financial data for decision making at Sr. levels of the organization.
- Work with the procurement category leaders and cross functional teams to build financial models and provide analysis needed to support procurement day to day operations, and special projects.
- Build, maintain & improve commodity models, research market activity and provide analytics to support internal customers.
- Own critical aspects of the monthly financial reporting processes and close deliverables as well as periodic forecasting.
- Ability to compose concise, simplified written descriptions of complex issues, supported by detailed analysis and effective “storytelling” to engage and influence the audience.
- Develop a solid understanding of the business supported and customers’ needs.
- Proactively analyze and provide data and gather agreement with all partners on relevant issues.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business needs of the client they support and how financial choices impact their business.
- Strive for high performance and use technical skills effectively with a demonstrated emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple tasks with changing priorities.
Skills/Qualifications needed for this position of Senior Financial Analyst:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is a must. Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and eager to learn other software applications.
- Ability to provide fact-based recommendations across various levels of management.
- SAP/BI experience is considered a strong asset.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills, with demonstrated critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions.
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement in previous roles.
- High level of accountability. A self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, and work in an organized, detailed manner under limited time frames & tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain results, document processes, and convey ideas.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (finance or accounting); MBA or Master-level education a plus
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience; consumer packaged goods (CPG) and/or manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and business/financial acumen
- Ability to work in a global business environment
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP or other large ERP system preferred.
- Experience working cross functionally with other business teams is required.
- Finance or Accounting accreditation preferred, but not required (e.g. CFA, CA or CPA).
- To be discussed
- Packaging and Containers
Are you interested in this position? Do you have the profile we are looking for? Apply now:
- via this website, or
- by Emailing your CV to : Yacine Hannoun ([email protected]), or
- by phone: 514-213-4330 (Yacine Hannoun)
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 27542
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1