Senior Electrical Engineer – Roadway Lighting and Traffic Signals
MUST HAVE to apply:
- Minimum of 10+ years of design experience.
Your difference is the difference
As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
We are actively seeking an experienced Engineer to join our growing teams in the Toronto, Halton, St. Catharine’s, and London offices. The successful applicant will work with the transportation and electrical groups to prepare designs for traffic signals, roadway lighting and associated civil works. This position will require technical knowledge of traffic signals and roadway lighting for transportation infrastructure design and construction components for existing and new projects primarily throughout Ontario.
- Internal and external client relationship building and management including, but not limited to, taking part in business development activities, proposal preparation, etc.
- Leading and coordinating with clients and internal team members (Engineers, Architects, Designers and Project Managers) electrical design and specification development.
- Supporting the overall growth of the Transportation – Electrical group.
- Mentoring of design staff.
- Providing engineering and design for electrical systems as part of both small and large scale multi-disciplinary projects for public and private sector clients, services include Lighting, Traffic Signals, and Joint Utility Trench designs.
- Review and provide guidance on the preparation of schematics and detailed design drawings.
- Providing technical and administrative support at all stages of the project, from proposal to construction.
- Periodic field visits to review existing conditions, assess conflicts, and provide support during construction.
- Complete lighting analysis using AGi32.
- Preparing Contract documents, including specifications and cost estimates.
- QA/QC of post construction record drawings.
- Oversee Shop Drawings reviews by others.
- Field support, including commissioning and site inspections as required.
- Education in civil engineering with a specific focus on roadway lighting and traffic signals.
- P.Eng., or eligibility for registration in Ontario.
- Minimum of 10+ years of design experience.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements (e.g., TAC, ESA, IMSA, AODA, RP-8, Ontario Traffic Manuals, OPSS, Highway Traffic Act, PHM-125 Legal Plans).
- Experience in the coordination of utility contacts and conflict assessment.
- Proficient with AGi32 and AutoCAD.
- Experience with MicroStation, AutoTurn, SPIDAcalc will be considered an additional asset.
- Ability to calculate tender item quantities and prepare construction cost estimates.
- Experience with preparation of pavement marking and roadway signage plans.
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License – Class G and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes.
Your better starts here
Offering great benefits to employees is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, give everyone the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with clients, culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29828
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1