Pay: 120-165K per year
Location: Granby (100% on site)
MUST HAVE TO APPLY:
- Minimum 5 years of HSE experience in QUEBEC
- Must be bilingual
- Must reside near Granby with a valid work permit or residency
Duties & Responsibilities
·Implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local & state rules and regulations as they
apply to the organization’s operations
· Maintain SMS in compliance with Provincial and Organizational requirements
·Ensure adherence to company policies, procedures, and rules
Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment:
· Ensure that all hazardous activities are analyzed and required preventive measures are implemented;
·Ensure timely Safety equipment inspection whether internally or by contractors;
· Assist to set organization-wide HSE goals;
·Assist in the achievement of HSE goals
· Development, implement, communicate, and coordinate all environmental, health, safety programs;
·Ensure safety and environmental compliance;
·Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
·Implement and maintain employee training programs as indicated by regulatory guidelines, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
·Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to managers and employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes.
·Perform safety surveys and inspections, prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective and preventative measures, and follow up on task completion.
· Ensure compliance with timely reporting as required by health safety regulations and statutes
· Complete the documents requested by HSE manager, head office and senior leadership
·Interfaces effectively with HSE manager and sub contractors
·Participate in all TBM, committee, meetings, etc.
· Gathering & Recording the incident data
· Reporting the incident to HSE Manager and Government
· Conducting the preventive measure to avoid Incidents across the organization
· Ensure management of all hazardous waste and maintain records
· Evaluate Air & Water quality by conducting timely inspections
·Ensure environmental permits validity
· Develop and implement efficient operations emergency response plans and ensure compliance with Provincial regulations.
·Maintain workforce competency to their roles in contingency management
·Provide support to the execution of all global operation emergency response plans and manage all emergency situations and design solutions to all issues and design required business tools and execute all HSE procedures and policies
·Maintain the hot line with relevant emergency responders
· Must have at least 5 years of experience in CANADA
· Must have experience related to construction
· Diploma of college studies in Environment, Occupational Safety & Health or Engineering from a recognized institute
· Bachelor’s Degree Current relevant health and safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma/IOSH/CSP Certificate or
·Minimum 5~10 years’ work experience in construction, with at least 5+ years in a supervisory role. Fully conversant with International HSE standards, codes, and industry practices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English/French
· Legislative knowledge and the ability to implement and manage HSE legislation
· Understanding of technical HSE (P&ID, HAZOP, SIL, MOC process, etc.)
· Having the competency certification (e.g. Lead Auditor OHSAS 18001)
· Previous project experience with Korean EPC contractor is not mandatory requirement, but a significant asset.
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31421
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1