We are exclusively recruiting for our Client, a manufacturer of ‘niche’ industrial equipment made in Canada and the U.S.A.
Due to unprecedented growth in the heavy equipment sectors, a rare opportunity to join their sales team as the (USA North Western) Regional Technical Sales Representative; providing sales and service support, training, and further developing a territory in 3 northwestern states of Washington, Idaho & Oregon.
The ideal candidate is a resident within these ‘tri-States’, and able to travel extensively, splitting their time between 70% travel and 30% working from a home-based office. Setting your own schedule, leveraging strategic monthly travel planning, excellent organizational skills and passionate self-discipline, you have a firm grasp on executing on these principles for consistent territory growth. You have the knowledge and business acumen to work autonomously with extensive inside sales and technical engineering resource support to pave your way to success.
The ‘must have’ industry background and knowledge:
A minimum of 5 years technical sales experience of industrial mechanical products and able to perform on-site demonstrations of the equipment, with solid articulation and communication skills to train Customers on complex equipment used in complex applications in industries such as: Oil and Gas, Mining, Heavy Construction, Shipbuilding, Aerospace, Defense, and Power Generation industries.
What our Client offers:
• Competitive base salary range depending on experience: $ 85 to $ 100K
• Competitive commission & bonus incentives
• Comprehensive benefits + 3 weeks vacation
• Company vehicle or generous vehicle allowance, with all expenses paid (fuel, insurance, maintenance)
• Career growth and ongoing OEM professional development
Your deliverables in this role:
• Identify strategic sales prospects and secure new accounts in need of their specific equipment
• Leverage organic growth of existing Customers and establish strong rapport with multiple stakeholders at each account
• Update sales activity in Customer Relationship Management software platform (CRM)
• Prepare quotations and communicate with CDN& US Inside Sales & engineering technical support to ensure Customer needs are delivered
• Regular follow up and communications to Customer’s and prospects regarding industrial equipment based new developments useful to Customer needs
• Co-ordinate monthly travel schedule across 3 U.S. states of Idaho, Oregon & Washington
• Submit weekly/monthly expense reports in accordance with Company policy
• Prepare sales forecasts and travel to conferences/trade shows semi-annually
• Train and educate Customer’s on equipment finished products and custom-manufactured machines for niche applications based on industry-specific sectors
The required qualifications of the Technical (Outside) Sales Representative:
• Strong mechanical and technical comprehension to understand Customer’s application of equipment needed and demonstrated similar career experience of:
6 to 10 years selling specialty tools/equipment into heavy industrial sectors of: Oil and Gas, Mining, Heavy Construction, Shipbuilding, Aerospace, Defense, and Power Generation industries.
• Tech savvy using CRM, MS Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint, Inventory & Order Entry applications, OEM ‘portal’ platforms
• Proficiency in full-cycle sales management: prospect, build credibility and rapport with multiple level of ‘contact-point’ relationships, close sales, prepare quotations and adept with preparation and entry of Request for Proposals for large to XL entities (RFP/RFQ)
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical equipment, reading technical mechanical drawings
• Technical certification or Red Seal level skilled trade an asset but not mandatory
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Please apply with your resume for immediate interview consideration. We thank all Applicants in advance and will contact qualified Candidates without delay.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 27014
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1