Our client is one of the nation’s largest food service distributors, and a very successful, consistently growing, family-oriented company with multiple locations across Canada. We are currently seeking a full-time Certified Refrigeration Operator/General Maintenance in Delta (Annacis Island) facility! There are about 6 people in the Maintenance team and you will be reporting to the Facility Manager.
This position will be responsible for daily general maintenance upkeep such as the building’s mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Additionally, this position will perform system checks to keep the ammonia refrigeration equipment in good repair and temperatures at their ideal settings. 85% building maintenance and 15% refrigeration/boiler tasks.
This is a full time, permanent with opportunity with great perks such as RRSP matching, bonus and profit sharing!
There are two open roles:
• Schedule 1: Four (4) 10-hour days (Sunday – Wednesday; 10pm to 8am) with 3 days off per week
• Schedule 2: Four (4) 10-hour days (Wednesday – Saturday; 10pm to 8am) with 3 days off per week
40 hours/week plus opportunity for Overtime
What our client offers:
• $35.47 and 1.25 night shift premium = $36.25 per hour!
• Extended health, dental, drugs and health insurance coverage (100%) after 30 days of employment!
• Company-matched RRSP plan (2% to 4%)
• Bonus up to 10%
• Annual profit sharing
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• company discounts on products
•Steel Toe Boot reimbursement
•Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
•Opportunities for additional mechanical training
•Career Advancement Opportunities
• Employee appreciation events
• Family culture, career development opportunities
Your tasks as Refrigeration Operator:
• Performing scheduled/unscheduled testing and maintenance on batteries
• Conducting general preventative maintenance of facility systems, refrigeration equipment, material handling equipment, racking, dock equipment, building automation systems, plumbing systems, and painting
• General maintenance upkeep such as the building’s mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
• Monitoring temperature readings on refrigeration equipment, defrost setups, alarm monitoring, maintaining documentation and operations of the ammonia plant facility
• Entering data into work order systems (Maximo) in a timely manner
• Maintaining a safe facility in meeting all Provincial and local guidelines
• Assisting to ensure occupational health and safety and regulatory compliance and working with contractors as required
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications as a Refrigeration Operator:
• At least a Refrigeration Operator Endorsement or 5th Class Power Engineer or 4th Class Power Engineer
• Facility Maintenance experience/ability to troubleshoot and conduct preventive maintenance on facility equipment
• A strong mechanical aptitude with proven troubleshooting abilities
• Criminal background check
• Refrigeration/Ammonia experience is an asset
• Experience in diagnosing and repairing technical and facility equipment
• Ability to lift, move and carry heavy objects
• computer skills and good problem-solving skills
• Other professional certificates and schooling would be an asset (Electrical, Millwork or Welding)
• Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, racking, carpentry, welding, and hydraulics is an asset
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch. We look forward to working with you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32951
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1