Looking to be a part of a highly innovative organization in your next opportunity!? Our client is currently looking for a Purchaser, Commodity Management to join the hybrid team in Ottawa! If you are looking for a new challenge, and professional growth, we want to hear from you!
What are the perks:
- Access to Gym Onsite!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Pension Plan!
The Purchaser, Commodity Management will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies for various component categories, both domestic and international
- Maintaining effective supplier partnerships and ensuring supplier quality, delivery, lead time, and cost performance goals
- Conducting global sourcing projects and evaluating new suppliers
- Negotiating contracts and maintaining accurate product information and cost data
- Identifying cost-saving opportunities, researching new materials and processes, and conducting competitor and industry analysis
- Managing inventory availability while minimizing working capital investment and evaluating part usage patterns
- Collaborating effectively in an international team environment to meet company goals for reducing costs, improving delivery, and quality
- Analyzing proposals, negotiating conditions, and managing contracts, records, and supplier performance
- Improving supply chain coordination and integration within the organization to meet project timelines and cost-saving goals
The required qualifications for the Purchaser, Commodity Management are:
- 5+ years of purchasing experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- International (NA, EU and Asia) sourcing experience
- Solid understanding of key business areas affecting the Supply Chain and has an understanding of how their work impacts cross functional groups
- Proven experience in major contract negotiation and administrations
- Proficient user of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience using MRP systems such as SAP
- Professional Certification in Supply Chain
- Familiarity with JIT systems, Kanban and LEAN
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please reach out to Marion Dela Cruz – [email protected] or call at 905 361 3987 ext. 131.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31154
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1