Great Opportunity, Apply Now!
We are looking for a responsible and dedicated Plant Trainer/Safety Advisor for one of our clients in Woodbridge, Ont. This is a permanent position for the right candidate. If you have experience as a Certified Joint Health & Safety representative in a manufacturing environment, and are looking for a LONG-TERM position, please give us a call today!
What Are The Perks:
- $35.00 to $40.00 an hour depending on experience
- Personal days the first year
- Vacation: 2 weeks
- Overtime after 40 hours
- Paid Referral program
- Scholarship program
- Benefits paid by the company except LTD paid the employee. Looking at increasing the health benefits very soon.
- Safety shoes: $200.00 per year – prescription safety glasses: 100% paid by the company
- Group RRSP
- Work with great leadership that will support your growth within the company
- Promote a culture oriented towards the health and safety by maintaining a safe work environment, and by ensuring the knowledge of safe work methods.
- Plan, organize and deliver training activities to all employees on different shifts, and record the training activities in company systems.
- Develop and keep up to date the various training programs and course materials, standard work procedures and checklists aimed to support the employees.
- Conduct new employee onboarding including Safety, organization standards and compliance requirements.
- Deliver Health & Safety, WHMIS, and other training mandated by the government and in compliance with ESA and OHSA.Update training matrix accordingly.
- Participate in safety committee meetings.
- Update and enter data into the various OHS management tools.
- Support the HR Manager in the management of worker accident compensation files.
- Support the implementation of systems and procedures arising from corporate related to the management of occupational health and safety.
- Evaluates training effectiveness to specific job applications and its impact.
- Follow up on learning with current and future employees for continuous development.
- Work closely with managers to identify training priorities, the proper use of resources according to their level of skills and the identification of high potentials.
- Keep the internal skills matrix up to date.
- Participate in equipment integration and optimization projects in order to assimilate new work methods, document and transmit them.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications and deploy a wide variety of training methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carry out training initiatives with production and quality team members on the floor.
- Technical training relevant to the position would be an asset.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar position in a manufacturing plant.
- Certified Joint Health & Safety representative according to MLTSD (Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development).
- Trained and certified in Standard First Aid & CPR.
- Knowledge and expertise in EBM technology would be an asset.
- knowledge of laws, regulations and standards governing occupational health and safety in Ontario.
- Flexibility to work on different shifts (day, afternoon, night and/or weekend).
- Experience designing and implementing curriculum preferred.
- Excellent team building, organization, and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate, popularize and transmit knowledge.
- Leadership; team spirit; problem-solving; and change management.
- Culture of continuous improvement, health and safety and quality.
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously.
- Autonomous, dependable, planning, organizational skills, delegation and teamwork.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and have a clean working environment.
If you are a hardworking and dedicated employee with EXCELLENT attendance looking for a new opportunity in a Manufacturing environment in Woodbridge, Ont., please reach out to us today! We can’t wait to introduce you to your awesome new team.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 25499
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1