Rapidly growing Building Science Engineering firm that specializes in capital asset management of existing building portfolios for Institutional, Commercial and Industrial (ICI) property owners. The fields of expertise include, roofing, cladding, glazing and curtain wall, below-grade waterproofing, asphalt pavement systems, concrete restoration and other building envelope related systems.
The group of experienced technical personnel provides owners with architectural design reviews and timely field reviews to assist with new construction projects. With existing building portfolio, we provide failure investigations, guide owners through timely asset maintenance and repairs and provide optimized engineering design solutions for rehabilitation projects.
Privately owned company, with offices in GTA, Hamilton, Moncton and Calgary, and head office in Ottawa. In addition, currently manages work across Canada, and could potentially expand into other Canadian markets. Mid-sized firm with large sized goals and aspirations, and this ability to provide the employees with opportunities to grow, and the support to do so.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to a “Bilingual Civil Engineering” professional with pavement experience to join our team. The successful candidate will manage and deliver a variety of pavement engineering and pavement management projects throughout the Ottawa, Toronto, or Calgary areas.
- Develop, plan, organize and carry out pavement evaluations and investigations.
- Prepare asphalt pavement system repair designs to meet client needs including phasing and traffic control.
- Write and review/approve reports and specifications, prepare proposals and make clients presentations.
- Adhere to project budgets and objectives.
- Coordinate and carry out field inspection of construction works.
- Provide technical supervision of field inspection and testing staff at construction sites and in the office.
- Perform senior review of detailed engineering analysis, design and reporting for assigned projects.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Manage Projects independently while cooperating with a team for larger national account programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 2 – 4 years of relevant working experience since graduation.
- Member of Professional Engineers Ontario (P.Eng.) or other provincial association, or the ability to be licensed in the near future.
- Experience completing pavement designs and evaluations of flexible (asphalt pavement), rigid (Portland cement concrete) and composite (asphalt concrete over Portland cement concrete).
- Experience preparing pavement design and pavement evaluation reports.
- Expertise in pavement condition assessments including analysis of FWD, smoothness and friction data.
- Extensive knowledge of pavement construction methods, materials, and specifications.
- Familiarity with engineering and construction practices in Ontario, other provinces is an asset.
- Proven success in managing and executing project engineering investigations and research, conducting evaluations and analytical work.
- Fully bilingual English/French
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29269
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1