LOOKING FOR AN AMAZING CAREER OPPORTUNITY? WITH CANADA’S FASTEST GROWING 3PL SERVICE PROVIDER, THERE’S NO LIMIT TO WHERE YOU CAN GO!
Our client began freight forwarding operations in 1948. Since then they have grown into a worldwide logistics and forwarding network spanning six continents. IATA statistics consistently rank them as a Top 10 International Airfreight Forwarder, they provide comprehensive one-stop logistic solutions that incorporate airfreight, sea freight, customs brokerage, ground transportation and a full-range of 3PL/4PL services.
What Does The Client Offer:
-Full time hours – Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm
-Work from home opportunity
-Once hired permanent, client offers great perks, benefits and more
-On-going training and development to ensure your success
-A fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment with a great team
-A generous bonus program linked to company & individual success
-Competitive and equitable compensation packages
Provide customer service and sales support within the Operations Department. Manage and direct the Operations departments to ensure a smooth, efficient and profitable operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide excellence in customer service and a first place of contact for client inquiries, concerns and complaints. Special attention to key assigned/troubled accounts.
• Lead the function of expediting shipments by ground, air and ocean on behalf of existing and future accounts. Supervise manage and direct the selection, training, development, and appraisal of department personnel.
• Coordinate/delegate duties to Supervisors inbound/outbound and Administration. Follow up and ensure that requests are replied too and handled in a timely manner.
• Ensure business relationships and services levels are maintained (customers and vendors).
• Complete accurate monthly reports assist the Terminal Manager with budgeting and ensure deadlines are met.
• Ensure accurate filing system(s) are maintained.
• Responsible for the effective maintenance of the companies ISO Policies.
• Participate in meetings and overall objectives for the terminal.
• Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
• Perform all other job -related duties as required by management.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Job Title: Operations Manager
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
• Work is generally performed in a well – lighted, heated and/or air- conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Some light productive work may be required (packaging and labeling), lifting up to 30 pounds.
• No special vision requirements.
• Manual dexterity enough to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
• Regular working hours 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
• Regularly required after hours to meet customers’ needs
• Minimal travel (up to 20%)
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 25146
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1