We are looking for an Operations Manager for a manufacturing plant located in Rexdale (Ontario). You will be reporting to the Plant Manager and managing the production workforce (100 employees). This company has 5 manufacturing facilities throughout Canada and experiencing high growth!
This is a full-time position morning shift, reporting to Plant Manager. This is a permanent position with growth opportunities, great bonus, a pension, and great benefits. We are looking for a dynamic, talented, experienced manager who can become a potential back-up for the plant manager.
What our client offers:
• Pension after 6 months (5%)
• Bonus (7.5-10%)
• Extended health & dental benefits, premiums are 100% company sponsored after 3 months of employment
• Employee Assistance Plan
• 3 weeks of vacation
• Team atmosphere, monthly socials
• Growth opportunities
Your tasks as an Operations Manager:
• Direct the Production work force in the daily execution of the production schedule, ensure the department meets all production orders at the right quality, time and lowest cost
• Follow up on problems that cause production to vary from standard efficiency and quality
• Oversee production scheduling, using efficient use of resources
• Promote consistent application of plant and corporate policies and procedures across all shifts
• Monitor shift manning levels, identify correct labour variances, drive the culture of change management to improve the productivity and reduce the cost of manufacturing.
• Ensure accurate daily reporting of production data, generate trend reports
• Identify inherent process characteristics that produce non-conforming product and takes steps to eliminate them, keep quarantined inventory to a minimum
• Available on off hours for consultation with Production Supervisors, Leadhands and other staff to provide assistance as required to minimize downtime, reduce OT.
• Liaise between with Production Scheduler, Process and Maintenance departments to quickly resolve equipment, process, quality and efficiency problems
• Foster a motivated, enthusiastic and respectful work force with a good working environment
• Oversee training and development of all Production employees
• Work with Human Resources to ensure disciplinary action is applied fairly and consistently when required in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
• Ensure the Production department is in compliance with the Loss Control Management Program
• Ensure safe work habits and conditions in all production areas, work closely with Corporate OH&S Manager to prevent incidents and injuries in the plant
• Investigate production problems and engineer solutions through equipment, methods, manpower or procedural changes
• Provide project management for production improvement projects
• Apply principles of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and other tools to improve productivity and lower operating costs
The required qualifications of an Operations Manager:
• 4+ years of experience as a progressive Leader/Manager within large (50+ employees) a manufacturing facility
• Experience in plastic manufacturing especially in thermoforming and rPET will be an asset
• experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing facility
• Post secondary education in a related field, preferably a bachelor degree in engineering or science
• Must be available during off hours for consulting and intervening during emergencies
• Ability to understand production priorities, labor utilization, reducing waste in the process
• Strong analytical skills, familiarity with OEE reports, and labor and material variances
• Ability to generate, maintain and respond to key performance indicators in order to move the process forward
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, people management and conflict resolution skills
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Power Point
Apply today or reach out to Kiran Punia – [email protected] or call/text at 365-228-3360 to discuss more about the opportunity!!!
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31007
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1