Our client is known for being forward-thinking and innovative in high performance products built for office, commercial and institutional spaces. They are currently seeking an NPI Manufacturing Specialist. Reporting to the NPI Manufacturing manager, the NPI manufacturing specialist role is to lead, organize, set up and optimize the production process mainly for new products. This individual will analyze and assist in specifying documentation sent by the Engineering and Design department for new products. Downstream the NPI Manufacturing Specialist will research and specify fabrication equipment and tooling, production flow, analyze make buy decisions and lead the implementation efforts. He/she will participate in defining the objectives (cost, quality, timelines), methods and means (raw materials, human resources).
- Define set up and production operations specially for new products.
- Assist or lead the introduction of new products to manufacturing.
- Design or assist the designer in the design of new jigs and tooling for the manufacturing of new products.
- Assist the manufacturing team in improving existing processes and tooling.
- Assists production and material handling with point of use improvements for raw material and WIP.
- Assists shipping and engineering with packaging options for single parts and large assemblies.
- Proposes Updates for plant layout as required.
- Investigation root cause analysis of quality issues in manufacturing and managing quality related NCs.
- Troubleshoot and implement corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Feasibility studies on new equipment and processes.
- Manage process quality control system to ensure all manufactured product meets defined specifications prior to shipment.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Education: Bachelor’s in industrial/Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Software: AutoCAD, Solid WORKS, Office especially Excel (intermediate level or better)
- Other: A solid understanding of engineering for manufacturing techniques including machining, sheet metal, extrusions, and die-casting moulding. Knowledge of production, Good communication skills, Ability to work in a team setting, Multitasking.
- Desired skills that are considered a Plus: Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Six Sigma. PMP certification and/or Project management experience.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 24305
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1