Media Engineering Technician
Are you someone who pays attention to detail? Do you have an affinity to technology? Do you enjoy contributing to a team? If yes this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is looking for a Media Engineering Technician to join their Oakville Team.
Your Responsibilities as a Media Engineering Technician will be
- You will maintain and administer our Media Systems based on Windows and Linux Server technology.
- This will include daily testing and checking of software-based equipment, networks, image servers, image creation, image distribution, file servers, media asset management, transcoder and all video servers used within the studios.
- Provide on-going communication and operational support to internal clients.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks, including technical support to clients; maintenance; calibration; and repair
- Modification and installation of different systems, devices, instruments, and electronic equipment used in the operation of a television studio
- Provide knowledge transfer, coaching, and act as a mentor to other junior staff.
- Some physical work required (lifting, pulling, etc.)
- Shift work, 8 hours during the week, and possibly 12 hours on the weekend.
- Roles, responsibilities, and duties may evolve and change over time
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering technology and/or completion of a Technician Technologist diploma in Electronics
- A minimum of two years related experience in maintenance and repair of broadcast quality audio and video equipment is essential
- Certification or experience with A+ Computer Hardware and Cisco Networking
- Familiar with various processes like Audio and video transcoding, different file formats
- System Administrator for Windows and Linux OS.
- Understanding of IT networking, data protocol and standards
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and VPN required.
- Familiar with transcoding applications, Media Asset Management software and video servers is an asset.
- Understanding of TV play out automation, Video production switchers and NAM would be a great asset
- Ability to read, write and understand signal flow diagrams with familiarities of software like VIDCAD, Visio or Auto CAD
- Excellent soldering and cabling techniques
- Demonstrates ability to work independently, manage priorities, handle deadline pressures, and effectively escalate issues
- Ability to take initiative
- Proactive project management and problem-solving skills
- You have outstanding analytical, organizational, and time management skills. You know how to get things done!
- Fluent in English (French will be an asset.)
- Clear and concise communication, both verbally and written
- Ability to work a variety of shifts either independently or part of a multi-disciplinary team..
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 25188
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1