Material Handler – Forklift
Our client based in Brantford Ontario, has an opportunity for an experienced Material Handler/Forklift to join the operations team. The Material Handler/Forklift Operator is responsible for performing material handling, clean-up, and packaging and other elemental activities related to food processing. They operate forklifts, reach trucks, and other machinery to move items, and materials on and off trucks and loading docks. Keep inventory, loading areas, and machinery clean. Open containers, sort, and catalog materials. Adheres and complies with all workplace and food safety regulations.
What our client offers
- Base Salary $20-21.80 per hour
·Opportunities for growth and development
·Weekly rotating shifts Days & Afternoons
·Day 7am – 3pm Monday – Friday
·Afternoon 3pm – 11pm Monday – Friday
·Shift premium for Afternoons, $0.75 per hour
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all procedures & standards for safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery, daily organization of warehouse.
- Perform daily pre-shift inspections of assigned lifting equipment and report any hazards.
- Follow all applicable occupational health and safety and food safety procedures.
- Ensure proper protective equipment (PPE) is always worn while working.
- Operates warehouse material handling equipment in a safe manner.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
- Follows BRC, GMP procedures for the plant to meet company and regulatory standards.
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using counterbalance forklift, reach truck and/or basic material handling equipment.
- Move product onto and off moving trucks, stages finished product, completes relevant paperwork
- Contributes to the orderly operation of stock and or material storage area.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and keeping materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory, and reporting shortages.
- Locates materials/supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Communicate shipment discrepancies to Supply Chain and Production Department upon detection.
- Performs material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking, order picking and ensure proper product in rotation.
- Transfers Flour and other materials from transportation vehicles to bins or other storage areas
- Verifies pallets being delivered are using correct Pallet ID, Lot and Item Code and communicating unforeseen changes due to customer requests.
- May perform other activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials.
- Attends all Food and Health & Safety training meetings as required.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned
- May be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Regularly exposed to noisy environments
- Regularly exposed to variable temperatures
- May be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- May be exposed to dusty environments.
- May be exposed to chemicals used in the manufacturing process.
- The employee may be required to climb ladders and access/work on work platforms.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move.
- up to 50 pounds
Qualifications—Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 1 – 3 years’ experience with inventory management in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Counterbalance forklift certificate Required
- Reach truck forklift certificate
- Experience within food & beverage, and/or consumer packaged goods industry highly preferred
- Experience in stock management, production models and planning techniques
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, strong focus on customer service
- Ability to work under pressure with a Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and ownership in quality of work
- Work/Food Safety focus and deliver results to support production process
- Able to work overtime shifts to support a growing operation as required• Must have previous forklift, and pallet truck experience and current certification
- Completion of Secondary School/Diploma
- Previous experience in the food industry an asset
- HACCP Standards Experience/Certification preferred, but not required
- On-the-job training is provided
- Must have GMP training within the food, pharmaceutical Industry
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30604
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1