Our client is a reputable Information and Communications Technology (Smart Grid Solutions) company located in Burnaby, BC. Over the past 30 years, this company creatively developed technology that enhances the safety, security, reliability and efficiency of public power and electric cooperative utilities across North America!
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Manufacturing Coordinator. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of administration and coordination including planning and logistics of Tantalus products and the overall operation of the internal manufacturing department.
This position will be based in our Burnaby, BC office. You will be working on-site full time and there are about 80 employees on site. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity and you will be working on the morning shift. This company offers a generous salary, great benefits from day one, and there are opportunities for advancement.
What our client offers:
- $65-70k salary
- 3 weeks vacation
- Great benefits package: 80-100% on extended health, 50-90% on dental, $300 on vision
- 100% Employee Assistant Program and $300-800 on a health spending account
- Public company – ability to get equity
- Hypergrowth company with large expansion plans
- Room for advancement
- A green technology company
- And again…benefits start on day one!
Your tasks as Manufacturing Coordinator:
- Perform physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate shipment logistics with freight companies, warehouses, and customs brokers
- Issue and manage purchase orders for commercial off the shelf (COTS) products to be delivered to Tantalus customers
- Manage inventory on-site and at partner sites
- Set up and manage restocking programs such as Kanban to handle low volume spares and accessories, including issuing of purchase orders for these items
- Generate pick lists and/or assembly requests for materials to be assembled into products to fulfill customer sales orders
- Review customer orders, payment and invoices and maintain a variety of related files, logs, invoices, purchase orders and documentation to generate reports as required
- Expedite orders and assist in pricing revisions, order changes, shipping details and invoice discrepancies
- Participate in inventory and financial audits
- Additional duties to assist with day to day coordination of the Manufacturing Team operations
- Minimum 5 years work experience in manufacturing operations support or supply chain role for manufacturing organizations.
- Experience with international (Asia Pacific) and NAFTA/USMCA shipping logistics and customs requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of supply change activities, manufacturing processes and timelines, manufacturing decisions based upon capacities and constraints.
- Experience with international shipping logistics desired
- APICS CPIM Certification, or Diploma in Operations Management desired
- Experience with electronic component supply chain procurement desired
- Experience using ERP & demand planning tools desired
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position by lifting, pulling, pushing and moving heavy items of up to 25 pounds
- Criminal background check is required
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch. We look forward to working with you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32850
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1