Our client based in Brantford Ontario, has an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join the operations team. As part of the Maintenance team, the Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used for the daily manufacturing of food products. They will ensure safe plant operations and working environments for all employees.
What our client offers
- Base Salary $36-$39/hr
·Opportunities for growth and development
·Nights: 11pm – 7am
·Sunday – Thursday
·Shift premium for Afternoons, $1.25 per hour
·Training will be conducted on the day shift for four weeks (7am–3pm Mon–Fri)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near
- moving mechanical parts
- Regularly exposed to noisy environments
- Regularly exposed to variable temperatures
- May be exposed to wet or humid conditions
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- May be exposed to extremely dusty environments
- May be exposed to chemicals used in the manufacturing process
- The employee must regularly lift/move light weight and occasionally lift/move heavy weight
- The employee must be able to climb ladders and work in high work platforms using safety
- harness and equipment
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform wide variety of maintenance duties including troubleshooting, fabrication, routine, and emergency repairs of high-speed food processing equipment with minimum supervision.
- Enhance equipment performance, optimize equipment safety, food safety and reliability with the support of preventative maintenance initiatives.
- Perform equipment change-over and production line set ups, welding, machining, and fabricating where qualified and maintain high sanitation standards, housekeeping, and cleanliness.
- Conducts regular Preventative Maintenance on the machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in designing, planning, locating of new or replacement equipment.
- Ensures the building, machinery, and services (electricity, ovens, burners, steam, water, compressors, chillers etc.) conform with and are maintained to legislative requirements.
- Acts on lowering machinery down time/utilization and implements solutions to ensure that equipment operates at rated efficiencies.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects including the installation and commissioning of machinery.
- Ensure all job-related operations are complying with BRC, GMP’s, HACCP, WHMIS, health & safety requirements and food safety standards.
- Responsible for assisting in investigations of all customer/consumer complaints involving technical, food safety or quality issues.
- Communicates persistent equipment issues to Maintenance Manager
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years related experience in GMP regulated manufacturing environment.
- or 8+ years of experience if unlicensed
- Experience within GMP regulated food & beverage, pharmaceutical or consumer packaged.
- goods industry highly preferred
- HACCP standards manufacturing experience.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Able to work overtime shifts to support a growing operation.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to execute projects to completion.
Qualifications—Skills and Competencies:
- Completion of Industrial Millwright Certification Trade license (433A) or apprentice with >5500 hours logged, and all schooling completed.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years related experience in GMP regulated manufacturing environment or 8+ years of experience if unlicensed.
- Forklift and Aerial Work Platform license
- Basic First Aid Certification
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply now
We are looking forward to hearing from you
To apply contact, us immediately! Email: [email protected] or Call (905)361-3987 ext 120
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31183
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1