Role: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Montreal, QC
- Prioritize orders according to shipment details and contract deadlines
- Check with supplier to ensure product is available to ship within contract period
- Confirm Quality approval with relevant department
- Confirm shipment schedule with customer, and required ETA
- Make the appropriate booking with steamship line or Freight Forwarder.
- If required, arrange advance payment to ensure no delay in shipment
- Prepare L/C’s applications in communication with the accounting dept. Advise supplier.
- Send shipping instructions to supplier
- Send pick up instructions to trucker if required
- Send booking details to supplier
- Send shipping schedule to customers and update ERP & Excel
- Communicate any delays with trader, customer, and supplier then re-issue shipping schedule to confirm acceptance by customer. Update ERP
- Ensure Label from packer is approved as per the customer’s requirements, and that they are placed in the correct location on the carton.
- Request shipping details and customs documents from supplier / steamship line and enter in ERP
- Obtain the loading pictures from suppliers on all shipments and provide to customers upon request.
- Send shipping advice to customers
- If cross-border, locate missing forms for customs to clearance
- Create CCI and Import Declaration for Canadian imports
- Arrange customs clearance of trailer by sending required documents to broker ( invoice, certificate of origin, CCI & Import Dec for Canada etc)
- Receive notification for product delivery and update status
- Confirm with client that shipment was received in good order
- Chase all missing invoices at month end
Documentation and invoicing
- Send B/L instructions
- Check and ensure all Customs clearance documents are received and correct
- Send instructions to transport company for delivery
- Check for vessel arrival, container discharge, container release and follow up with the transport company for delivery.
- Receive notification for product delivery and update status in ERP.
- Generate invoices based on shipment status to ensure details are correct
- Send original documents and invoice to customer, and record waybill # in order if applicable
- Food industry experience an Asset
- Experience importing products for their Employer company preferred over Forwarding or Ocean carrier experience
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Excel and Power BI skills an asset
Contact: Yibram Palacios
Contract Info / Information sur le contrat
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28846
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1