Located in Edmonton, our client requires assistance in their Financial Planning unit with the preparation of their departmental forecast templates for the 2022-23 fiscal year on a temporary 1-month contract.
Candidates will apply their accounting skills to full cycle accounting and financial reporting, including developing and executing month end processes, financial analysis, dashboards and external/internal reporting.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Multiple forecast templates need to be updated (formulas, etc), actual expenditures entered and reconciled, the templates appropriately linked.
• Advanced Excel knowledge and attention to detail is required.
• Prepare non-complex journal entries.
• Assist in preparation of month end reporting, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations.
• Assist in budget preparation.
• Support variance analysis and investigate abnormalities.
• Assists routine duties and preparation of working papers and financial statements.
• Review and analyze accruals.
• Identify and implement process improvements.
• Analyze and interpret financial information.
• Work with business entities to gather and disseminate information for budgeting and forecasting purposes.
• Other duties as required.
Minimum 1 year relevant working experience.
Minimum 2 years experience in financial reporting, ensuring the accuracy and reliability of financial statements.
Minimum 3 years of experience with MS Excel.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of Accounting principles and Canadian public sector accounting standards.
Ability to maintain accuracy and pay careful attention to detail.
Attaining or pursuing CPA designation
Experience in Public Sector
Amazing experience to put on your resume – recent/new grads should apply!
Opportunity to work with a premiere client
Equipment will be provided
Possibility of contract extension
Apply online or by directly contacting Mohannad Zawi at [email protected]/647-458-4414
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 25737
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1