As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where people can thrive, a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join the award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
The Halifax office is looking for an Intermediate Municipal Project Engineer who is interested in working on projects varying in scope and size related to water distribution systems, flood protection, stormwater management, and storm drainage systems; including planning and design of new facilities, as well as optimization and rehabilitation of existing systems.
- Collaborate with staff among all levels of the company and other stakeholders to meet deliverables on multiple projects at any given time.
- Preparation of preliminary and final designs for road reconstruction and infrastructure renewal projects, stormwater projects, culverts, watermains, sanitary and storm sewers and grading.
- Preparation and coordination of approvals, tender documents, cost estimating, contract documents, reports including sealing the documents.
- Managing projects in both AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microstation platforms.
- Engineering and contract administration related to municipal projects including site development, roads, watermains, sanitary and storm sewer systems.
- Reviews complex construction including connecting to live utilities, temporary works and commissioning.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Participates in the training, development and mentoring of junior staff.
- Other duties as required where appropriate for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 7+ years’ experience in municipal engineering. Consultancy experience preferred.
- Must have a valid P. Eng. designation in the province of Ontario.
- The successful candidate will possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and all levels of staff in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Demonstrated superior English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Your better starts here
Offering great benefits is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, giving people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with the clients, culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33178
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1