Intermediate Hardware Designer
Company offers comprehensive coverage + stock options, company pension plan, free parking, mental wellness initiatives, annual bonus plan up to 5% based on company performance!
Design and Development
- Developing, designing, and testing hardware components including circuit boards, switches, processors.
- Schematic capture, netlist generation, BOM generation and circuit board layout.
Modify Existing Hardware
- Modifications to existing hardware components and systems based on changes in functional requirements or use cases.
- Eliminate performance issues that cause the device to malfunction
- Ensure that changes to components work with the system as a whole and do not impede performance.
Test Components and boards
- Conduct component tests throughout the design process, testing the elements individually and in conjunction with other hardware, firmware, and software systems.
- Analyze test data to guide changes, enhance system performance and stability, and eliminate defects.
- Perform some prototyping (including soldering) to repair or evaluate a component.
Oversee Manufacturing Processes
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel to ensure that elements are built according to specifications.
- Work closely with fabricators to create a prototype of a design in order to conduct further testing and modifications and modify the design based on this prototype.
- Bachelors in Electronics, Hardware or Computer Engineering or equivalent with a focus on digital design.
- 5 plus years HW development experience preferably in an aerospace, defense or medical product environment.
- Background from Control systems (Engine Control, Landing and Steering Controls an asset), Avionics, Aerospace, Medical Device or other high reliability products would be appropriate.
- Controlled goods Security Clearance
Interested? Please send your resume to [email protected]
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 22573
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1