Job Description: Human Resources Supervisor
Position Overview: As a Human Resources Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in overseeing various aspects of HR operations, with a strong focus on health and safety compliance and union-related matters. You will be responsible for ensuring a safe and productive work environment for employees while navigating the intricacies of union relations. This role requires a blend of HR expertise, leadership skills, and a keen understanding of labor laws, safety regulations, and negotiation processes.
- Health and Safety Compliance:
- Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive health and safety programs that adhere to local, state, and federal regulations.
- Conduct regular safety audits, inspections, and risk assessments to identify and address potential hazards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and enforce safety protocols, emergency response plans, and accident/incident reporting procedures.
- Provide training and awareness programs to employees to ensure a strong safety culture across the organization.
- Investigate and analyze workplace incidents, recommending corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Union Relations:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for union representatives, fostering positive relationships built on effective communication and collaboration.
- Stay updated on labor laws, collective bargaining agreements, and other union-related regulations to ensure compliance.
- Participate in negotiations with union representatives, advocating for the organization’s interests while seeking mutually beneficial solutions.
- Address grievances and disputes, working to resolve conflicts and maintain a harmonious work environment.
- Assist in preparing for arbitration or legal proceedings related to labor disputes, if necessary.
- HR Leadership and Administration:
- Lead and supervise a team of HR professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship.
- Oversee the recruitment and onboarding process, ensuring alignment with company policies and best practices.
- Collaborate with management to address performance management, disciplinary actions, and employee development.
- Manage employee relations, addressing concerns, and mediating conflicts as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, including personnel files and documentation related to health and safety incidents and union interactions.
- Policy Development and Implementation:
- Contribute to the development and revision of HR policies, procedures, and practices to align with changing legal requirements and organizational needs.
- Communicate policies and ensure their consistent application throughout the organization.
- Provide guidance to managers and employees on HR-related matters, including disciplinary actions, leave policies, and performance evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive HR experience, with a demonstrated focus on health and safety and union relations.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws, safety regulations, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Leadership experience, with the ability to mentor and guide a team of HR professionals.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software and Microsoft Office Suite.
This Human Resources Supervisor position offers a dynamic opportunity to lead HR initiatives that directly impact the well-being of employees and the organization’s relationship with unions. If you are a dedicated HR professional with a passion for promoting a safe and productive work environment while managing union dynamics, we encourage you to apply.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32929
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1