This role is responsible for managing the Human Resources function in a unionized, multi-plant, precast
concrete production environment in Central Ontario. This position will ensure HR standards are met
while continuously evaluating current processes and implementing new strategic initiatives. With their
finger on the pulse of the organization, the Human Resources Manager will be a trusted member of the
leadership team, making recommendations and decisions to support the organizational growth and
• Manage and provide guidance, direction and coaching to the human resources team.
• Work closely with the leadership team and Corporate HR to develop people strategies.
• Resolve complex HR issues effectively by applying knowledge across disciplines of HR including
recruitment, compensation, performance management, training, employee relations and workforce
• Drive salaried and hourly recruitment to meet company demands.
• Facilitate and foster lasting relationships with Management, employees and Unions to effectively
resolve workplace issues.
• Drive talent management activities that set out clear career paths and developmental options for
• Support and increase staff retention and productivity initiatives using strategies to enhance
employee engagement, improve communication, promote leadership, and foster employee
development. Liaise with Corporate HR to identify and assist in the development and
implementation of programs.
• Manage COVID program for all staff
• Serve as a link between management and employees by addressing any human resource questions
regarding interpretations, policies, procedures, etc.
• Work with the leadership team to manage succession planning and talent management programs
• Partner closely with Corporate HR to maintain effective employee communication flow, proper processes, and procedures.
• Implement new corporate programs and policies.
• Maintain relationships with community groups and schools.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related area
• Minimum of five (5) years of HR management experience in the construction industry • CHRL/CHRP professional designation is an asset
• Extensive knowledge and experience in human resource management including problem solving, conflict resolutions, coaching and analytical skills • Experience using human resources management software
• Possess knowledge of the Labour Act law and the Employment Standards Act requirements Business Requirements
• Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and a variety of complex situations with tact and diplomacy
• Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and be detail-oriented • Advanced ability in Microsoft Office products
• A solid understanding of team strategies and objectives
• Ability to travel between sites including Brampton and Woodstock
• Experience working in a corporate environment Cultural Requirements
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 26705
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1