Energy Performance Project Principal
MUST HAVE TO APPLY:
-Engineer or Architect with a minimum 10+ years of related and practical project experience (including walls, windows, energy performance).
•Office location: any from the following:Breslau (Waterloo), Burlington, Halton Hills, Newmarket, Ottawa, and Toronto/Etobicoke (with preference Burlington)
•Hybrid / flexible (at least 2 a week in office)
Currently looking for an Energy Performance Project Principal to join the team and to provide solid leadership and help us expand our energy performance service area. The energy performance team is currently focused on helping our clients to deliver high performing buildings through a number of different energy and sustainability services like Passive House and EnerPHit consulting, energy audits and modelling, and building enclosure commissioning. The overall mandate of a Project Principal is to oversee the delivery of projects for clients.
This role would work closely with the Service Area Leader to grow both the business and team. The successful candidate has strength in selling services and a strong technical understanding of high performance building envelopes.
You are comfortable leading a team, dealing with clients, communicating with contractors, and working on active construction sites.
An inquisitive outlook, a hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility and a team player who can work independently with minimum direction are traits that are required to be successful in this role.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
▪ Graduate of Civil Engineering or Architecture with a minimum 10+ years of related and practical project experience.
▪ P.Eng. designation with Professional Engineers of Ontario is an asset.
▪ You have developed strong client relationships and they call you with new work opportunities. You can be trusted to step in and maintain and sustaining client relationships when necessary.
▪ You demonstrate and communicate the importance of ascertaining the key success factors of every client type and individual client to the project team.
▪ You effectively evaluate project requirements/needs and involve technical specialists and other senior leadership as necessary to develop the best solutions and ensure project success.
▪ Your project management, problem solving, and team approach to constructive communication are respected by your colleagues.
▪ Your have developed extensive technical expertise in one or more disciplines and have general technical knowledge in many disciplines.
▪ You have produced high quality work and set high expectations for report writing and other documentation.
▪ You provide awareness, guidance, and support to Project Managers to achieve target profitability.
▪ Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
▪ Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in CanQuest, THERM, WUFI, RetScreen, PHPP, and other design/energy related software is considered an asset. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Under the supervision of the Energy Performance Service Area leader the successful candidate will serve the role of Project Principal.
▪ This may include periodically managing and/or assisting with project investigation, reporting, and specifications, and peer review of the reports, modelling, specifications, and/or drawings prepared by others.
▪ Assist and take an active role in expanding and diversifying the energy performance service area, including knowledge base, services, and clients.
▪ Provide technical support on a wide range of projects within the scope of the practice area.
▪ Assist and support client managers and practice lead in aspects of business development and proposal development.
▪ Identifying and building new client relationships and marketing the firm’s energy performance services.
▪ Managing and mentoring Project Coordinators and Project Managers.
▪ Ensuring all deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and exceed quality standards.
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29172
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1