Are you ready to become a pivotal part of a leading-edge organization in your next career move? Our client is actively seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer to join their dynamic team in Ottawa. If you’re enthusiastic about taking on fresh challenges in the field of engineering, we’re eager to learn more about you!
What are the perks:
- Pension Plan!
- Great benefit package!
- Great work-life balance!
The Electrical Controls Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design control systems for production and test equipment.
- Program PLCs (Siemens, Allan-Bradley), variable speed drives (ABB), and servo systems.
- Develop human-machine interfaces (HMI) using software like Wonderware InTouch and InduSoft.
- Perform industrial electrical design in compliance with industry standards.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with existing equipment.
- Oversee electrical installation and lead commissioning of control systems.
- Provide consultation to team members, offering guidance on material selection and problem-solving for product quality issues.
- Collaborate within cross-functional task forces or teams to address significant challenges.
- Manage documentation and engineering change control processes.
- Identify and propose technology improvements aligned with future business goals and requirements.
The required qualifications for the Electrical Controls Engineer are:
- 5 years of relevant experience in electrical controls engineering.
- Preferred experience in manufacturing design.
- Strong technical acumen complemented by practical knowledge of systems and equipment.
- Proficiency in PLC and HMI programming.
- Familiarity with industrial AC drive and motor systems; knowledge of ABB drive is a plus.
- Understanding of industrial networking, with expertise in Profibus, ProfiNet, and DeviceNet considered an asset.
- Competence in industrial electrical design for low-voltage systems.
- Effective communication skills for engaging with vendors, customers, and trades personnel.
- Knowledge of current statutory regulations, industry standards, and recommended practices, with a practical ability to apply such references, particularly in areas of safety, environmental concerns, and quality.
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
If you’re seeking a fresh challenge, professional development, and share a strong passion for engineering, don’t hesitate to contact us today! We’re excited to connect you with your future team.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33891
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1