Looking to be a part of a highly innovative organization in your next opportunity!? Our client is currently looking for a Data Engineer to join the hybrid team in Ottawa, Toronto, or Montreal! If you are looking for a new challenge, and have a great interest in technology, we want to hear from you!
Term: 9 Months + Extensions + Permanent Opportunities
The Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Migrate SAS-based data and information products to Python as part of analytical teams. This includes coding, reviewing code, ensuring quality, and documenting the process.
- Guide team members in creating high-quality, clean code and implementing best practices for coding and migration, following company guidelines.
- Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing within and across analytical teams. Identify opportunities for creating shared code and process efficiencies.
- Monitor deliverables to meet timelines and milestones. Identify resource needs and potential risks accurately.
- Evaluate all products and services to ensure compliance with company Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures, including ethical data usage.
The required qualifications for the Data Engineer are:
- 5 years of Python experience, with advanced skills in manipulating and analyzing large complex datasets.
- Familiar with Open-Source Environments and Cloud Services.
- Experience with Spark and PySpark.
- Knowledge of SAS, R, SQL, and Apache Parquet is a plus.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with expertise in analyzing, synthesizing, and effectively communicating complex information.
- Strong customer-focus, communication, and collaboration skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, or a related field.
If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and have a great interest in Data, please reach out to us today! We can’t wait to introduce you to your awesome new team.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31618
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1