Job title: Content Manager
Location: Montreal, Remote
Salary: 90-100K + Excellent benefits and perks
As content manager with MPS, you’ll do more than provide value to your team—you’ll pass that value on to our customers. Here’s how:
- Develop and execute the overarching content marketing strategy in line with MPS’s brand and growth targets.
- Develop and implement client-specific content assets and plans with the primary goal of increasing SEO traffic and conversions; coordinate execution with content producers.
- Develop a content plan and execute the content calendar for short- and long-term content goals.
- Manage tasks with copywriters and ensure that our brand voice and tone is respected and well articulated across all content assets (website, emails, blogs, and social media).
- Understand different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Maintain and/or elevate a distinct and clear brand voice for MPS through written communication and established brand personas.
- Produce and interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements.
- Collaborate with designers, PR, and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects to create original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication (e.g., email campaigns and landing pages).
- Manage relationships with external partners (freelance writers and other agency partners).
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts for the wording and written tone direction with the senior brand manager and other members of the creative team.
- Produce or review written content with short deadlines and quick turnaround.
- Research written content trends in the merchant payments industry.
Ready to join a collaborative and innovative marketing team where you can make an immediate impact? Apply now if this sounds like you:
- Creative writer: You love the written word for its power to persuade, and you know how to simplify complex ideas into pithy, action-oriented content.
- Strategic thinker: You help develop program strategies and create communication solutions that are creatively compelling and on strategy and motivate desired consumer behaviour.
- Multi-tasker: You have strong project-management skills and can manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Accountability ace: You believe documentation is the key to success and are passionate about implementing processes to ensure the accuracy and quality of your work.
- Team player: You have a positive attitude to inspire and engage with your team, build a good relationship with teammates, and keep stakeholders on the same page.
- Problem-solver: You’re able to identify issues and determine the most appropriate course of action in a quick and efficient way, both on your own and within a team setting.
- Planner: You establish objectives and schedule tasks and resources efficiently. You know how to manage workload during peak periods to attain your goals.
- Presenter: You can take complex solutions and simplify them to make them digestible.
- Seeker: You have a deep curiosity. You constantly seek to further your knowledge by conducting research day in and day out to find a golden nugget of improvement.
- Memory maestro: You remember all the little details that weren’t important at the time or that haven’t been investigated—yet.
- Logic aficionado: You’re an expert at seeing patterns and figuring things out. You consider the ramifications of changes before they happen.
- Learning buff: You have a passion for keeping abreast of current issues and trends in copywriting, campaigns, and SEO.
- Communicator: You are an excellent communicator (written and oral) and have strong interpersonal skills.
Applicants will be evaluated based on experience, interview, and references.
- Three years of experience working on a content team as a copywriter or SEO copywriter, or experience with social media, digital storytelling, etc.
- Two years of proven experience as a content manager overseeing a team of varied skill sets (i.e., SEO, social, copywriting)
- Excellent creative and digital storytelling skills.
- Candidates with experience targeting SMBs for financial or payment processing industries get extra stars.
- Experience testing and optimizing responsive landing pages and emails.
- Experience with search engine optimization best practices.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing, and translation skills in English and French (bonus points if you’re familiar with American turns of phrase).
- Knowledge of online marketing platforms (e.g., Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn) is a must.
- Familiarity with HubSpot and WordPress is a plus.
- Experience using SEMrush, Moz, and Google Analytics/Search Console (or other tools) to build content strategy and measure performance.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in communications, journalism, or English/French studies) desired but not required if your work experience and portfolio knock our socks off.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 25260
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1