On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Pneumatic/Instrumentation Business Developer to cover and serve our customer database in Western Canada. You will be a part of the Process Instrumentation, Automation, and Controls division located in Langley, BC. This is a wholesale company with about 30 people at this location. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with great perks (RRSP, profit sharing etc.)! The work hours are from 830 to 5 PM (flexible start time). You will be working on site full time when you are not visiting clients.
The Pneumatic/Instrumentation Business Developer is responsible for understanding, promoting and developing business in Pneumatic applications, along with all other company’s Process, Automation and Control (PAC) products and services to new and existing customers. They will be responsible for calling on end users, OEMs, system integrators, consulting engineers, and our own branch network to provide technical presales/post sales assistance as required and to ensure that our Pneumatic portfolio is well represented.
What our client offers:
• $65k to $95k + bonus based on company performance
• 2-3 weeks of vacation
• car allowance- $600 per month with gas card
• Group RRSP matching (4%) after a year
• Great benefits (100% of employer pays for dental and medical)
• Profit sharing bonus
• Free parking
• Room for advancement/cross training
• High growth company with high stability
• Birthday day off!
Your tasks as a Business Developer:
• working closely with Manager’s and Suppliers to develop a sales plan for strategically targeting new and existing customers.
• Creates and maintains a positive relationship with customers and ensures they have a good experience with the company.
• Plans and executes regular sales calls (in-person or virtual) to key customers to identify needs or opportunities.
• Prioritizes and responds to customer inquiries including after-sales technical support as required or facilitates communication between customers and suppliers.
• Maintains the most up-to-date product knowledge to make product suggestions to customers.
• Asks questions about customer processes, problems, or any other technical or project details necessary to identify appropriate customer solutions.
• Collaborates and assists branch staff and Account Managers with details on product specifications, pricing, and other needs in order for them to best assist customers.
• Ensures new products and pricing are communicated, understood, and properly executed.
• Closely works with the Technical Inside to obtain pricing and datasheets for customer needs for joint sales call.
• Participates in strategic planning as required.
• Creates and implements programs for market focus/strategy that affect the efficiency and effectiveness of attaining the team’s strategic goals.
• Reviews assesses and reports on strategic objectives and their performance related to group and corporate expectations.
• Develops training materials and presentations for customers and branch sales representatives.
• Facilitates internal and external training sessions (in-person or virtual) such as lunch and learns.
• Coordinates Process Instrumentation supplier training for the branch sales representatives.
• positive “customer first” attitude
• Self-managed and highly motivated to drive sales growth, with flexible demeanor, yet disciplined approach for process compliance.
• Experience giving formal presentation articulating the value proposition of product solution service offerings.
• Ability to take initiative to continuously improve skills and knowledge.
The required qualifications of a Business Developer:
• 3 + years’ experience in technical sales (Account Manager/Business development) within distribution/manufacturing (similar industry)
• 2+ years of technical experience in the Pneumatics industry with familiarity with Festo, or similar pneumatic companies
• Diploma or Degree within: electrical engineering, technologist or Electrical and Computer Engineering Technologist (Instrumentation and Automation)
• Understanding of terminology, technology and configuration of customized products and applications for pneumatics. Extra benefit if familiar with PLC programming and other sensor technologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation skills of group presentation, in person or virtual
• Proven ability to form strategic partnerships, build relationships and respect cultural diversity; ability to be inclusive, collaborative, and respectful
• Requirement to be in person, virtual and on sites to discuss applications and build business with new and existing customer database
• Reliable transportation is required and the ability to travel to customer location within Western Canada
• Previous work within a distributor network or with a Pneumatic supplier directly as experience is a benefit
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now, and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply now. We are looking forward to hearing from you
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30734
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1