Looking to be a part of a highly innovative organization in your next opportunity!? Our client is currently on the hunt for an IT Security Advisor to join the team remotely within Canada! If you are looking for a new challenge, and have a great interest in technology, we want to hear from you!
The IT Security Advisor will be responsible for:
- Be a change leader by proposing innovative approaches to cybersecurity and take ownership of resulting projects with a team of cybersecurity enthusiasts.
- Ensure the evolution and optimization of security processes and support information security related activities.
- Develop, implement and communicate information security policies, procedures, standards, practices, and guidelines.
- Liaise with relevant parties to ensure new regulatory requirements are communicated to the appropriate officials.
- Ensure accountability on key information security indicators and participate in the development of the information security strategy, as well as prioritization of security program initiatives.
- Monitor trends and best practices in cyber security.
- Assist in the protection of computer hardware, software and data from accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, as well as disclosure, authentication and access control, including the design, administration and monitoring of proven security systems.
- Analyze vulnerabilities in information systems and implement safeguards to maintain, restore and secure systems.
- Responsible for advising and supporting the organization’s information security activities in the context of various mandates related to information security.
- Develop tools, methods and work processes.
- Propose recommendations, solutions and action plans according to the organization’s orientations and objectives.
- Contribute to the resolution of problems through analysis and your global knowledge of the business domain.
The required qualifications for the IT Security Advisor are:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in information technology.
- 4+ years’ experience in cybersecurity.
- Recognized experience in cyber auditing, compliance and security governance (Risk, process management)
- Ability to write high-visibility documents.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in risk assessment and creation of security policies and standards.
- Participated or previously led major information security initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French.
- Knowledge or possession of the following:
- ISO 27001, NIST and major compliance frameworks such as PCI-DSS
- (CISSP, CISM, GPEN, OSCP, etc.)
- Information security methods and approaches.
- Application security and OWASP TOP10 would be considered an asset.
- Project management would be considered an asset.
DURATION: 24 Months + Possible Extensions
LOCATION: Remote within Canada
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 22204
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1