Our client is a single-source provider of construction, development and real-estate services. They cater to the industrial/commercial/residential markets in Canada.
They are currently looking for an Assistant Superintendent to join our team in Toronto. Come join our growing team and enjoy an environment that allows you to be challenged through every project.
- Act as the liaison between the Site Superintendent and trade labor force;
- Maintain daily construction log in conjunction with the Site Superintendent;
- Prepare and maintain various site communication/documentation with head office and site;
- Prepare and maintain various files for purchaser agreements (PA);
- Co-ordinate with municipal inspections and/or professional inspections;
- Maintain familiarity with Health & Safety responsibilities and duties;
- Attend and participate in site meetings, prepare meeting agendas, record meeting minutes and prepare for distribution as directed;
- Conduct physical checks on labor force and record individual activity on time sheet;
- Calculate labor hours per activity and submit time sheets to office;
- Obtain labor requirements from Site Superintendent and coordinate to sign on laborers when required;
- Allocate tasks to laborers daily according to the Site Superintendent’s instructions;
- Order supplies according to requirements;
- Make out requisition for non-standard items and submit to purchaser;
- Arrange for supplies to be delivered;
- Compare delivery note with bill of quantities and actual quantity delivered;
- Check how much material is being requested versus quantity allowed;
- Maintain inventory of required materials and place order accordingly;
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments, including temporary storage on site.
- A high school diploma or post-secondary diploma in Engineering, Architecture or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of the construction field
- Exceptional communication skills
- Above-average organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to manage time effectively and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software; Tech-savvy with various computer software’s
Our client is a fast-growing company that offers a multi-market approach, a dynamic working environment, a competitive compensation program and excellent benefits such as:
- Group Insurance Plan (three plans to choose from)
- Telemedicine (24/7 access to a nurse or doctor)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Training & Development Program
- Mentorship Program
- An active social & wellness committee (meditation sessions, virtual workouts, wellness challenges)
- Ample free parking
Pandemic-Related Work Conditions
- This role is deemed an essential service therefore, the work location is on site.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 22189
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1