ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER ON AN ADVENTURE IN A BEAUTIFUL SMALL TOWN ON THE ISLAND?
Centrally located on Vancouver Island, our Client, is an established, mid-sized manufacturer of industrial machinery supplying the vast North American marketplace.
Explore the exciting option of living your ‘dream lifestyle in a small-town’ moderate climate with a career ‘trajectory’ usually found only in big cities!
Our Client’s compensation package includes a generous re-location accommodation and related expenses to make a smooth transition to the local community.
This is a rare opportunity to join an amazing team, developing your financial management skills within the manufacturing industry with excellent training resources and coaching support to expand your accounting knowledge and experience like never before!
You are a tech savvy Accountant with a CPA – ‘IN PROGRESS’ or College Diploma with 3 + years ‘hands-on’ proficiency working on various accounting software programs.
You are a mindful, articulate communicator with strong inter-personal skills, self-assured and one who embraces new challenges, loves business process improvements, can seamlessly eliminate redundancies and make well-thought-out recommendations to implement and communicate process execution when needed.
- Excellent English fluency, verbal and written communication skills
- A solid work ethic to excel in your responsibilities, inspiring your Team and leading by example
- Humility, respectful, firm but fair and love learning to feed your inquiring mind
- A friendly, positive, ‘can-do’ personality
About the role:
Job Type: Fulltime, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Location: In-Office Mon to Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Reports to: General Manager, Canada
This role is focused on full cycle accounting, payroll, and accurate accounting for a mid-sized manufacturing company located on Vancouver Island, BC.
Responsibilities include bookkeeping and U.S. tax preparation support (training provided). A high sense of accountability, confidentiality, good judgement, initiative and leadership-potential with a passion for accounting and financial excellence and best practices.
- Full cycle accounting including day to day bookkeeping – industrial manufacturing experience a definite asset
- Preparing monthly and annual financial statements
- Account analysis and reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial statement & data in accordance with GAAP Canadian principles
- Responding to client inquiries, interpreting variances, and summarizing to provide trend analysis and financial recommendations
- Managing all Canadian accounting, payroll, and bookkeeping functions.
- Managing and preparing personal and corporate Canadian tax returns
- Building effective working relationships with client contacts and responding efficiently to their requests.
- Consistently developing efficiencies in internal accounting procedures
- Managing month end close work
- Managing client payables and ensuring timely vendor payments
- Preparation and filing GST / HST / PST returns
- Preparation, filing, and reconciliation of T4, T4 Summary, and T5
- Maintain record keeping of information required for annual tax reporting
- Assist with U.S tax filings (training provided)
- Other general accounting duties as assigned
Your Skills and Qualifications
- Legally able to work in Canada with a Clear Criminal Background
- Strong analytical skills and bookkeeping experience
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks Online or similar accounting software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Payroll management experience
- Team player, open minded, firm but fair in relation to financial ‘due diligence’ and process participation by all internal ‘stakeholders’
- Technologically savvy, able to adapt to multiple platforms
Nice to have:
- Completion of an accounting degree or diploma OR ‘In Progress’ CPA 2nd year minimum
- USA tax experience
Please apply for immediate consideration with your CV in WORD format!
We thank all Applicants in advance and will contact qualified Candidates without delay!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28084
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1