For over 100 years, Clover Leaf and Brunswick have delivered delicious, healthy, and affordable canned seafood to consumers. Today, as the leading branded marketer of canned seafood in Canada, we’re expanding our business, and there’s never been a better time to join our team and grow along with us.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, you become an integral part of a tight-knit team in a quaint coastal community. You’ll be encouraged, empowered, and challenged to be your best self through ongoing professional development in an inclusive environment.
About the Role
As the Accountant, you will contribute to the company’s continued success by performing various accounting related tasks including regular cost analysis for manufacturing operations, monthly period end GL entries and statement preparation. This includes:
- Complete month end close activities related to GL accounts using various tools including SAP and MS Excel
- Prepare / Post Approved Journal Entries / Scanning and attaching into SAP
- Weekly Cash Flow Reports
- Weekly KPI Reports
- Labour Distribution
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Monthly Manager’s Meeting
- Hourly Payroll Upload
- Maintain monthly FA Expense & any other regularly monitored accounts
- Maintain standard costs of sardine finished good materials and production raw, packaging, and work in progress components
- Prepare manufacturing usage variance and purchase price variance reports to assist with achieving Sardine Operation key performance measures
- Prepare annual account reconciliations and audit files. Work with external auditor to explain and support audit files for the Sardine Operations.
- Assist in the Plant budgets and periodic updates. Work with Planner on raw material costs and update baseline with historical information from ERP system
- Assist in developing and documenting systems policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
- Represent Finance and Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Serve as a backup for senior accountant
What You Need to Succeed
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance, along with a completed, or nearing completion, of a recognized accounting designation
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of common costing practice
- Able to effectively collaborate with all team members both internally within the organization, and externally.
- Strong technical skills with ability to manage, interpret, and present data using various tools
- Strong analytical thinker with proven problem-solving capabilities, particularly as they relate to processes and systems
- Strives for excellence in execution and personal growth and development
- Ability to learn processes quickly and adapt and lead change
- Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot, power pivot, power query, vlookup, offset, etc.)
- Knowledge of ERP system SAP
- Ability to extract, transform, and utilize data for various reporting purposes using various tools
- Results orientated with attention to detail, and an ability to handle multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29765
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1