Description du poste
Our client in Brampton is currently looking for six set up operators to work on temporary to permanent basis. This is on a rotational shift bases, every two weeks. Days, Afternoons and Nights.
Purpose of Position:
The Set Up Operator is responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on specialized bag making machines. The Set Up Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
1. Sets up, adjusts and operates a specialized bag making machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
2. Performs necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation of bag machines
3. Operates and monitors multiple pieces of equipment to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
4. Communicates with team members and supports teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
5. Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
6. Loads and unloads material using material handling equipment and hoists
7. Troubleshoots and performs preventative maintenance on specialized bag making machines
8. Performs minor maintenance of equipment
9. Completes SOP forms and enters data into company ERP system
10. Adheres to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Highschool diploma
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is an asset
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical abilities
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals
Decision Making & Communication:
Requires ability to clearly and concisely communicate with Machine Operator/Packers, Lead Hands, Supervisors and Management team
• Determines the best way to process the jobs with the least amount of material waste.
• Makes decisions regarding quality of product
• Requires strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Working Conditions & Effort Required:
Works in production area with loud noise
• Uses knives to cut & trim rolls.
• Extended periods of standing with occasional manual lifting (50 – 60 lbs), weights in excess of 50 – 60 lbs use a roll lifting device.
• Normal physical hazards associated with Production operations, rolling & cutting machinery reduced by using the appropriate safety equipment. (i.e. gloves, eyeglasses, ear protection) and lifting devices.
Information du contact
Apply to [email protected] For immediate consideration please contact Cheryl at 905 361-3987 ext 107