Description du poste
Our client is an innovator in the Cannabis space looking for someone to manage accounting and financial reporting. This position will assist functional leaders in achieving increased profitability and in the interpretation & analysis of financial data. The position will ensure revenue accuracy and cost management and provide reports on financial and performance measures on both a recurring and ad-hoc basis. Initially, this role will handle all aspects of the financial function from bookkeeping to information flow to monthly close. Assistance and oversight will be provided by both the CFO and other senior leaders.
This position requires a roll your sleeves up attitude where you will have the opportunity to craft the role as you develop.
- Self-motivated. You see what needs to be done and you figure out a way to make it happen – no excuses, because those don’t exist.
- Think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop solutions.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, and of legal and ethical business practices.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Use financial systems and standard office applications software effectively.
- Enthusiastic about technology, lifestyle and design. You use apps for food, music, travel, and communication.
- Have the drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and assist cross functions.
- Build and maintain books and records for Canadian and US operations (currently in Quickbooks).
- Assist with ERP transition to NetSuite
- Involvement in the preparation and analysis of business MIS to support a rapidly growing company
- Draft year end and quarterly financial statements.
- Manage year end audit in coordination with company leadership and external audit firm.
- Day to day management of COGS/inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash functions.
- Management of monthly closing processes, including accruals and estimates.
- Monthly payroll processing
- Establish, maintain and document the firm’s accounting policies, practices, procedures and internal controls.
- Management of HST and other sales tax filings.
- Management of income tax filings
- Intellectual property coordination with outside legal.
- Budgeting and forecasting with sensitivity analysis. S
- Specific focus on short term and long term cash planning.
- External quarterly financing reporting including MD&A.
- Monthly financial reporting. Weekly sales and cashflow reporting
- Cannabis excise tax reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field. MBA a plus.
- Pursuing or have obtained a CPA designation
- A minimum of 3-5 years directly responsible business experience involving financial management, or an equivalent combination of education.
- Experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job as determined by company.
- Experience in entrepreneurial environment
- CPG experience is a plus