Description du poste
Our client is a top property firm in the Hamilton area looking for a Full Time Payroll Specialist As a successful candidate for this position, you are a highly self-motivated individual with a PCP designation and will be responsible for the following:
- Process full-cycle payroll according to government legislation and company policies, timely and accurately
- Audit payroll records and perform adjustments and corrections where needed
- Oversee, train and provide guidance and support to property level administrators
- Handle inquires and provide outstanding service to all employees and external contacts
- Perform year end balancing and reporting
- Administer employee benefit plans
- Partner with payroll and benefits providers to ensure timely and efficient processing
- Ensure continuous improvement of payroll and benefit processes
- Maintain the confidentiality of payroll information & respect privacy laws
- payroll tax set-up, deduction reconciliation, T4 reconciliation
- Benefit plan administration
- Other duties as required
- Produce, review and submit ROEs
- Create and maintain employee files accurately
- Ensure that all government remittances and other payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and balance month end journal entries, payroll and benefits billing and reconciliations
- Prepare, balance and remit WSIB payments and union dues
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle and analyze complex calculations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to develop open, effective communication practices, and proven leadership in using communication to solve business problems.
- Customer focused to create a positive and highly effective work environment.
- Legislative and compliance (ability to interpret relevant legislation).
- Ability to troubleshoot system, independently and with the assistance of vendors.
- Knowledge of information systems development and implementation.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate to advanced Excel and computer skills (ERP
- PCP certification, asset
- 3-5 years payroll experience
- Experience/knowledge of Canada-wide payroll legislation and regulations
- Previous experience using payroll software (experience using Ceridian Dayforce is an asset)
- Basic knowledge of Accounting
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions