Description du poste
Production: Packaging Operator Duties
Purpose: To describe the daily responsibilities of the packaging operator.
Scope: Packaging department.
- Work safely and adhere to the policies that are outlined in the Brampton Brick Health & Safety Policy.
- Monitor texture and colour of brick
- Frequently look at the sample wall and monitor the quality of the brick.
- Refer to Grading Process.
- Call supervisor if unsure of disposition.
- Maintain operations of packaging equipment
- Maintain safe and efficient operation of all equipment in the packaging area.
- Maintain, inspect and keep the equipment clean.
- If an issue arises, the Operator shall generate a work order and record the resolution on the Downtime report.
- Maintain a clean work area
- Keep packaging area clean and free from debris.
- Dump any garbage cans located in the area and dispose of any other type of garbage.
- Every shift shall leave their area clean at the end of the shift.
- When the machines are down for any reason, operators shall clean their areas. This includes cleaning under the machines, using proper lockout procedures.
- Refill strap and retract as required.
- Print front cube labels as required.
- Ensure labels on retract are being properly printed and that the labels on the front of the cube are being properly affixed.
- Complete all required paperwork and checklists
- Complete all daily paperwork and give to the shift Supervisor at the close of the shift.
- It is necessary that accurate downtime reports be generated.
- Maintain and update Log Books
- Log the panel name, run number(s) and car numbers that were packaged during the shift.
- Update MAPICS
- Enter all necessary information into MAPICS throughout the shift.
- Monitor Packaging Process
- Ensure that the equipment is functioning correctly and that the bricks are being properly removed from the kiln car and arranged into cubes.
- Complete appropriate changeovers
- Change over the equipment for different runs of brick.
- Store any removed equipment in the proper storage area.
- Change label database to correct label.
- Perform other requested duties
- Perform the tasks that are requested by the Plant Supervisors in all areas.