Description du poste
Our client is recruiting for an experienced Operations Manager who will be responsible to oversee the efficient running of the Department.
The primary role of the Manager is to ensure the entire Fleet is completely utilized.
They must solve dispatch problems, realize opportunities and communicate in a thorough and timely fashion with their team/Customers. The main focus will be to provide support and guidance to their designated trucks daily.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Train and oversee Dispatch operations
- Scheduling the dispatch team
- Develop KPI’s and work instructions that speak to increased load count, operational efficiency and continuous improvement
- Monitoring, forecasting, and servicing the client’s needs on an as-needed basis
- Manage relations with Staff, Owner Operators and Drivers in an equitable and efficient environment that is respectful to all and fosters retention
- Working with Dispatch and Planning groups
- Work with the management team to ensure support and collaboration towards corporate goals
- Effective leadership in managing Drivers, including Driver Retention and development strategies and ensuring Driver satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience to be considered for this role
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent problem-solving abilities.
· Proven ability to mentor, and lead a successful team,
· Ability to identify trouble situations and constructively react to those that cannot be foreseen,
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Auto Parts planning is an asset
· Knowledge in multiple TMS – TMW, Truckmate, Fleet Manager etc.,
· Knowledge of the Transportation Industry and North American geography.
· Proven team player with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and to develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship.