Description du poste
Are you a Certified Counter Balance Forklift operator? Do you have experience working in a manufacturing facility? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a pro-active working approach? If so, this is the job for you!
Our client is an organization backed by over 100 years of experience, nearly 60 plants in the U.S. and Canada, and approximately 2,300 employees. They have a diverse stock bottle portfolio, more than 160 patents, and an innovative design team working to produce creative packaging solutions.
They are currently looking to hire a Material Handler who is Certified as a Counter Balance Forklift operator to join there team of professionals at their Vaughan location.
- Follow Company safety rules including wearing of proper safety equipment, as instructed, at all times.
- Adhere to quality and customer service standards set forth by the company.
- Provide necessary supply of components as required in Production, so that quality parts are produced and production in not interrupted.
- Clear product lines of WIP or Finished Goods inventory, wrap & strap as per customer requirement and store them in appropriate locations in the warehouse.
- Manage warehouse space to ensure product preservation.
- Perform colour changes as needed.
- Ensure vacuum loaders/blenders are setup and operating properly.
- Ensure right materials are being used in blenders at correct % as per specification.
- Clean grinders as required.
- Ensure filters are cleaned as per schedule.
- Keep control of regrind, colour, chunks.
- Perform and report cycle counts
- Advise Supervisor when supplies and components used in production need to be replenished.
- Helping production with breaks when needed.
- Assist in after hours shipping and receiving activities.
- Assist with Machine change overs.
- Keep supervisor informed of all job-related matters by advising immediately of any production or quality related problems. Inform Supervisor of improved operating methods.
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products.
- Move materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and manufacturing areas.
- Identify and label materials and record their locations in the warehouse/on the shelves to maintain inventory.
- Prepare finished products for shipment by identifying their location, then pulling, packing, and loading them.
- Operate trucks, forklifts, cranes, and other equipment to move freight
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Current OSHA forklift driving certification or license is a must with experience
- Must be able to work shifts and weekends on occasions.
- 3+ years’ experience operating powered forklifts, i.e. Counter-Balance.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Knowledge of various material-handling equipment an asset
- Good understanding of OSHA regulation
- Able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously, as required
- Coachable; Professional; Flexible schedule; Approachable; Quick learner; and Self-motivated.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and have a clean working environment.
Great Opportunity, Apply Now!
Qualified candidates please submit resume to Cheryl at [email protected], contact Cheryl at (905) 361- 3987 ext. 107 for consideration.