Description du poste
Our client, a Montreal based manufacturer on the cutting edge of technology, is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician.
- Troubleshooting and repairs to ensure minimum disruptions of the production processes
- Performing activities such as: bench fitting, bearing & seal installations, pipe fitting & pneumatic installations, lubrication of equipment
- Fulfilling repairs and up-keep activities of mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic, and basic machining equipment and all measuring devices.
- Conducting regular inspection and maintenance of all the machinery in the facility in accordance with the maintenance database
- Improve the reliability and maintainability of the equipment through effective Preventative maintenance.
- Ensuring that all safety norms and regulations are implemented and followed.
- Updating database/ERP of all services, maintenance and refurbishing works carried out on the machinery
- Keeping a log of all the inventory spare parts for all machines by the means of a Kanban system
- Placing orders for spare parts and equipment’s for replacement and fulfilling the proper documentation of the same.
- Recommending new machinery when required.
- Education; technical diploma related to machine operation and maintenance- DEC
- Experience; Minimum 5 years in a production environment, in the maintenance department. Working knowledge of; double saws, single mitre saws basic CNC milling machines, Punch machines, manual milling machines, wire striping machines, rivet guns, air compressors, packaging conveyors
- Software; Office suite
- A solid understanding of safety practices & regulations, machine maintenance , basic machine control wiring, basic Hydraulics and pneumatics, basic machining processes, relays & micro switches. Knowledge of production, Good communication skills