Description du poste
Performs direct maintenance work for repair, adaptation, re-design, preventative maintenance and installation of all plant equipment, machinery and infrastructure in accordance with the objectives of the Maintenance Department. The maintenance mechanic is involved in troubleshooting to assess repair requirements.
Duties and Responsibility:
• Comply with all policies and procedures as well as company objectives related to quality, health and safety, environmental and other legislative requirements
• Interact with maintenance employees to exchange technical information to facilitate teamwork in troubleshooting and repair process
• Repair and maintains all equipment and machines within the building to ensure the efficient, safe operation of all machinery with the shortest down-time
• Plans long-term repairs to be completed during planned downtime
• Follows company escalation process on equipment downtime. Ensuring everyone is aware of the problem, the repair and the root cause.
• All parameter changes to be documented as per company policy.
• Ensures fluid levels are maintained at appropriate levels in respective equipment and machinery
• Complete work orders as required
• Check contents of work orders with supervisor prior to repair or modification work and ensure that information is accurate
• Timely completion of repairs indicated on work orders
• Completes all PM tasks on equipment by due dates and makes the necessary suggestions to improve PM effectiveness
• Properly signs out parts from stock and orders appropriate replacement parts and fluids
• Responsible to protect own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe working practices and follows company procedures
• Inspects all machinery for defects and potential problems in accordance with preventative maintenance programs, repairing and replacing parts as required in specified time frame
• Modifies machinery and equipment as directed
• Install equipment (i.e. fans, conveyors, chutes, and guards)
• Repair of hydraulics and pneumatics
• Responsible for all the coolants, oils, and chemicals being disposed of in a proper manner as per WHMIS and internal recycling programs
• Maintains a safe and clean work area at all times.
• Must adhere to all MAFACT requirements
• Adhere to all IATF 16949 policies and procedures
• Must comply with all ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety) systems and standards as it pertains to their work
• Abide by all AODA and C-TPAT procedures that apply to their position
Skills and Qualifications:
• Grade 12 education or equivalent.
• Valid and current Millwright Certification required.
• 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing equipment and maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
• Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
• Experience with Motoman and ABB robots.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Previous experience in the following: metal work, welding fabrication and machining.
• Has experience in highly automated equipment.
• Effective communication skills (oral and written).
• Effectively work in a team environment.
Information du contact
If interested, please contact Nicole Rampersad at [email protected]