Description du poste
Our client is a reputable, stable organization within the transportation industry. They are looking to fill an HR & Labour Relations Business Partner position.
Reporting to the Team Manager, Human Resources,the successful candidate will provide advice, support and coordinate the day-to-day Employee/Labour relations activities. The individual is compliant with current legislative requirements, such as the Labour Relations Act, Employment Standards Act and the Ontario Human rights Code.
- Vice President, Human Resources
- Director, Human Resources
- Team Manager, Human Resources
- HR Generalists
- Develop or enhance the employee and labour relations process and approach within business units.
- Conduct non-union investigations and performance management of non-union staff.
- Attendance management; manage all medical STD, LTD, WSIB and personal leaves of absence including attendance management.
- Coordinate return to work programs, review physician’s notes and approve medical leaves.
- Coach and counsel employees and managers regarding personal issues.
- Employee/Labour relations; unionized staff; assist managers and team leaders with interpretation of the collective agreement.
- Assist and conduct investigations that may result in progressive discipline; offer advice on next steps or progressive discipline up to and including termination.
- Respond to grievances, prepare for, and participate in grievance meetings, arbitrations and negotiations. Review all disciplines before issued.
- Remain current on future trends and developments related to labour relations programs, policies and strategies.
- Evaluate needs and gaps in HR approaches and services for the business units and develop a plan to address requirements.
- Build relationships with management and staff.
- Other HR Tasks as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of applicable employment legislation (ESA, Human Rights Code, AODA, Labour Relations Act).
- 7-10 years of employee relations/labour relations experience.
- Mediation/Arbitration experience.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent work ethic with a positive attitude.
Information du contact
Qualified candidates please contact Sarika at (905) 361 – 3987 ext. 115 for immediate consideration.