Description du poste
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity as a Heavy Equipment Technician? If yes, then this opportunity may be for you!
Our client is surging ahead to the future with an energized, new vision. Today they deliver the most thrilling and highest quality racing, dining and entertainment experiences to their visitors. In doing so, they remain a world-leader in horse-racing — and also among the most exciting and diverse entertainment facilities on the globe.
Heavy Equipment Technician
Job Description: HD Equipment Technician is required to perform various skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance to our client’s Fleet of Heavy Equipment, Heavy Truck, Ag Tractor and various other Heavy Equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in shop or on site when required
- Perform scheduled, unscheduled maintenance and repairs in order to ensure that the equipment is operating safe and effective manner
- Perform diagnostic and repair in all phases of heavy equipment operations
- Install and repair either Hydraulic, Electrical or Cable operated attachment’s (Spreaders, Dressers, Seeders Plows, salter etc.)
- Assist in ordering replacement part components, supplies
- Perform diagnostic and repair for cooling, heating and lubrication system’s
- Perform diagnostic and repair Engines, Transmissions, drive trans and final drives
- Repair and Installation of new and add on equipment
- Test repaired equipment for proper operation
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Participate in our Apprenticeship Mentoring Program
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease downtime, streamline work processes, work cooperatively with the Fleet Service Group, Internal Customers and the General Public
- Ensure that all work orders, inspection reports and time records are completed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Adhere to all Workplace safety policies, all Provincial and Federal regulations
- Maintain a working knowledge of any changes in technology and repair techniques
Job / Core Competencies
- Communications skills (written, listing, verbal)
- Ability to read, understand and speak English
- Strong attention to accuracy and job detail
- Must be organized, work well under pressure
- Must have the ability to work independently and maintain a Safe clean work area
- Minimum of five (5) years in routine maintenance, repairs and diagnosis in Heavy Equipment
- Physical ability to stand for prolong periods, overhead work and the ability to lift upward to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work both in doors and various outdoor weather conditions
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license, clean Drivers and CVOR abstract
- Must have own tools
- Must have either a 421A or 425A Trade License in good standing
Lead Hand – upgrade
- Oversee all technicians in maintenance, servicing and repair of all vehicles and equipment when required
- Assign work to all shop Technicians
- Assist in the supervision and operation of the garage as directed
- Advise Manager or Fleet Administrator of matters deserving attention regarding any Repair and Maintenance related issues
- Assist in purchasing of parts / supplies when required
- Advise Manager or Fleet Administrator of any problems encountered that would cause in meeting operational timelines
- Perform all duties as outlined in the Technician’s job description
Information du contact
Don’t miss this opportunity, Apply now!
Qualified candidates please contact Nicole at (905) 361 - 3987 ext. 124.
Email resume to [email protected]