Description du poste
Our client is currently seeking a Health & Safety Coordinator. The role is a combination of understanding legal safety requirements and setting standards for the company’s workforce. The coordinator’s knowledge is used to help train workers to understand safety procedures and requirements
- Carry out regular inspections in the working areas.
- Oversee employee activities and inspect equipment and property to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
- Perform risk assessments such as identifying risks for each position.
- Perform onboarding and Health and Safety training.
- Implement preventive methods.
- Ensure corrective measures.
- Execute Health and Safety audits.
- Coordinate and support Health & Safety activities and wellness programs.
- Coordinate / assist the Health and Safety committee meetings.
- Ensure proper application of SIMDUT.
- Work with the HR Health & Safety Business manager to evaluate / analyze root cause to incidents and accidents and ensure proper corrective measures.
- Assist in the analysis of ergonomics in the workplace.
- Take part in the development of action plans, procedures and approaches in terms of preventive measures aimed at improving team member’s safety and redressing dangerous situations.
- College diploma or DEC in Occupational Health & Safety.
- 1-3 years in a Health and Safety role.
- Knowledge of legislation CNESST (la commission des normes du travail) and LSST.
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Timely and sound decision-making skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Highly organized and great multitasking skills.
- Discrete and strong work ethics
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Organized and results-oriented.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of workers’ compensation legislation and government regulations.
Don’t hesitate, send your resumes to us immediately!
Information du contact
For more information on this position please call Kharen at 514-227-4640 x279 or send your CV directly to: [email protected]