Description du poste
Our client is a leader in the construction space! They are looking for someone to hit the ground running and join an excellent health and safety team.
This position is responsible for supporting the research, development and implementation of local safety programs, policies, procedures, and standards. The Safety Administrator will focus on claims management support and Health and Safety administration. Opportunities to expand the role may include having an operations and field presence in our plants or field locations.
To ensure success, the Safety Administrator will effectively assist and provide administrative support in the development of project specific documentation, daily operations, and project-based safety documentation. As well as conducting new employee orientations and assisting with inspections and audits as required. Effective and persuasive communication skills are essential for success.
An ideal candidate will excel in supporting and partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet safety standards. As well as expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed PreCon’s safety standards. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed closely with necessary corrections being made in a constructive, supportive manner.
· Plan and conduct new employee safety orientations and arranging additional training as necessary
· Prepare Safety materials, documentation and data as needed for daily operations
· Maintain certificates and records of training; monitor and plan for future training requirements
· Assist in completing WSIB claims, incident reporting, and near miss forms
· Participate in monthly Joint Health & Safety meetings, daily, monthly inspections and all other group safety meetings
· Assist with the development of the health and safety manual, policies, and procedures
· Assist with organizing emergency preparedness procedures
· Maintain statistics and records to measure OHS performance
· Manage data entry and maintenance of Safety documentation in Oracle and MS Teams
· Work closely with and support administratively the Health and Safety Field Coordinators
· Support employees and management with safety concerns
· Be familiar with applicable legislation, regulations, and standards to maintain compliance
· Identify and implement opportunities for health and safety improvement
· Assist with creating annual health and safety objectives and actions plans
· Travel in Ontario may be required
· Additional duties as assigned
• One to three years of relevant safety experience in an industrial/unionized environment ideally within the Manufacturing and/or Construction Industry
• Previous Health & Safety administrative experience including WSIB claims administration considered an asset
• General working knowledge of legislated requirements in applicable jurisdictions
• A detail-oriented focus with strong analytical expertise
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills coupled with proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office programs
• Effective communication with all levels of management
• Professional Safety designation (NCSO) would be considered an asset